My Timeline

Thanks brother!

Any word on how long the PEB is taking past the VA rating? I know you're almost there and I figure I won't be far behind ya

No problem!

No word, yet. I am 43 days post VA, and have been getting very anxious, naturally. My advice to you is to not expect anything. For some, it took 30 days. Others it took a little over 50, sometimes, but rarely, even longer. There is a post by a user, jsanchezi, or something like that, who averaged it a couple of months ago to 50 days. We will see! I would just like to be home by the holidays.

Just found out my case didn't get to QA until Oct. 17

@adamokor

Well at least you confirmed it's there even if it's almost 15 days of limbo. From the sounds of it you'll be done soon.

Speaking of being home for the holidays, I'm lucky cause my first Sgt is a boss and is really cool so once I sign my stuff I'm going to request the soonest datel from MMSR 4. Ive talked to them before for guys in my platoon and usually as long as you went to TRS and are all set to get out they'll let you send them an email requesting your date out as long as your CO and first Sgt CC'd and approve. For me that means whenever I get my EAS I'm changing it to the last day of that month and taking my PTAD of 20 days to hopefully be out within a few days. it's worth a shot talking to your command if they will approve something like that.

Last edited:
@Cobra67

Thanks for the advice! How do I got about getting a hold of mmsr-4?

@adamokor

I don't have it on my phone, it's on my gov email. I'll get it to you once I get back to work. I believe I saw either the email or phone number floating around here at one point. But it's some female Sgt and she has some minion lances that work for her. She knows what she's doing when you do get in contact with her and will be able to help you out as long as your ducks are in a row. Unlike this process haha

Google might have it. But MMSR 4 are the people that deal with retirements and separations dates. Good people to know, maybe make contact with now to see what possible options are for when you sign.

Oh ok I see what you're saying. Yeah mine has been back from the VA since August 11th just pending approval.. supposedly that's the point where they're really backed up, but most people seem to be getting their findings back about 40-50 into this step. My PEB was originally accepted May 9th

Oh ok I see what you're saying. Yeah mine has been back from the VA since August 11th just pending approval.. supposedly that's the point where they're really backed up, but most people seem to be getting their findings back about 40-50 into this step. My PEB was originally accepted May 9th

I would call the PEB or the PEBLO to verify its back there at the PEB. Are you USMC? And do you have a claim in historical? You could call the VA to fax your ratings

I would call the PEB or the PEBLO to verify its back there at the PEB. Are you USMC? And do you have a claim in historical? You could call the VA to fax your ratings
I have called multiple times and verified it's been there for 90 days but can't seem to get a hold of anyone useful. I'm in the Marines 3 months past my original EAS and even my 1st Sgt tried getting ahold of the folks in DC but obviously no luck. I tried contacting the VA to get proposed ratings at least but was turned away in a heartbeat. Was there a certain way you went about it?

@jtsuda

I had the same problem. It may take multiple phone calls because some won't but I finally got one who will. But call the 1800 number to the va. Say claims. Give them the verifiable info. Then tell them "I would like you to fax my proposed ratings from my historical claim." That's all I had to say and I finally got them today when I picked it up from the store.

@jtsuda

I had the same problem. It may take multiple phone calls because some won't but I finally got one who will. But call the 1800 number to the va. Say claims. Give them the verifiable info. Then tell them "I would like you to fax my proposed ratings from my historical claim." That's all I had to say and I finally got them today when I picked it up from the store.
Oh so they have hit the historical claim section on ebenefits for you? All 7 of my claims were lumped into one still pending decision approval with nothing in historical claims yet

That could mean they are still at the VA. A claim went to historical and then I verified from my PEBLO and the VA that they sent it back to the PEB. Today marks 9 days since it went to historical and I was able to get the VA to fax them. The ebenefits website is not a reliable source to go off of unless you verify with multiple sources that your stuff is done at the VA.

But if you said it is back at the PEB I would try calling the VA again to get your ratings. It's possible they didn't update your stuff properly. Otherwise it may still be at the VA. Where are you located?

That could mean they are still at the VA. A claim went to historical and then I verified from my PEBLO and the VA that they sent it back to the PEB. Today marks 9 days since it went to historical and I was able to get the VA to fax them. The ebenefits website is not a reliable source to go off of unless you verify with multiple sources that your stuff is done at the VA.
Yeah I have vefirified multiple times with my MEBLO, and PEBLO liaison that the va rating were completed and accepted back at the DOD waiting for final approval for the past 3 months. My guess is the only reason it's taking so long is my unfitting condition is blindness in my left eye and I've never heard of anyone claiming such a thing, so the people at DC probably don't know what the hell to do with it or something

@jtsuda

Some cases might take longer bud. I really don't know. I do know a bunch of our guys who were Purple Heart recips back in 2011-12 time frame took a while to rate before they were out. One who went up was blind/lost his eye, his took a while. But I would say yours would be pretty self explainatory. Best of luck brother

You said you're USMC? Never heard of a MEBLO

@jtsuda

Some cases might take longer bud. I really don't know. I do know a bunch of our guys who were Purple Heart recips back in 2011-12 time frame took a while to rate before they were out. One who went up was blind/lost his eye, his took a while. But I would say yours would be pretty self explainatory. Best of luck brother

You said you're USMC? Never heard of a MEBLO
MEBLO is technically the one who handles your case and puts it together and everything while the PEBLO is the one who calls you with your findings as far as I'm aware. Either way hopefully it speeds up soon for everyone's sake

@adamokor

I don't have it on my phone, it's on my gov email. I'll get it to you once I get back to work. I believe I saw either the email or phone number floating around here at one point. But it's some female Sgt and she has some minion lances that work for her. She knows what she's doing when you do get in contact with her and will be able to help you out as long as your ducks are in a row. Unlike this process haha

Google might have it. But MMSR 4 are the people that deal with retirements and separations dates. Good people to know, maybe make contact with now to see what possible options are for when you sign.
Thanks a ton!

I think I saw that number here, as well, at one point, but no dice right now.

Hey Cobra,

I spoke to a Master Sergeant at the PEB and he said they are shipping my ratings tonight. He was really kind. I would call them in a week or two if you don't hear anything. I guess my case took a while to even get to QA even after the VA sent it. Anyways, you should be coming up shortly.

Hey Cobra,

I spoke to a Master Sergeant at the PEB and he said they are shipping my ratings tonight. He was really kind. I would call them in a week or two if you don't hear anything. I guess my case took a while to even get to QA even after the VA sent it. Anyways, you should be coming up shortly.
How long was yours at QA if you don't mind me asking?

How long was yours at QA if you don't mind me asking?

No I don't mind. So the VA sent it on September 26 or 27, and apparently didn't get touched at the PEB until Oct. 17.

No I don't mind. So the VA sent it on September 26 or 27, and apparently didn't get touched at the PEB until Oct. 17.
That's interesting cause I know the VA finished my ratings back I August, but apparently just got to QA October 17th.... also when you said they were shipping your ratings tonight, did they mean to the PEBLO for you to get your findings some time in the next couple days?

Last edited:
@adamokor

Thanks for the new brother!

And congrats! I keep responding to your thread without reading mine and it has the answer haha. Awesome for you man!