My Timeline

That's interesting cause I know the VA finished my ratings back I August, but apparently just got to QA October 17th.... also when you said they were shipping your ratings tonight, did they mean to the PEBLO for you to get your findings some time in the next couple days?
Apparently that's where it's going..hopefully. I'll keep everyone posted.

Did it stay 90? What did you get for DOD? I start terminal leave on December 10th. Trying to find a new career now and hussle my way through my last year of college in six months.

Did it stay 90? What did you get for DOD? I start terminal leave on December 10th. Trying to find a new career now and hussle my way through my last year of college in six months.

Don't forget to use vocational rehabilitation and the work study program. All tax free income program benefits for service connected disabled veterans.

Not sure yet. PEB said I should get it back in 2 weeks. But good thing I got my college done in service haha

Not sure yet. PEB said I should get it back in 2 weeks. But good thing I got my college done in service haha
Did you contact the PEB? what number did you call to find out the information if you did contact them. I wish they would get the rating finished mine has been returned to peb also but it was just last Friday. it seems like it should not be that hard to apply the ratings the va got for unfitting conditions.

Did you contact the PEB? what number did you call to find out the information if you did contact them. I wish they would get the rating finished mine has been returned to peb also but it was just last Friday. it seems like it should not be that hard to apply the ratings the va got for unfitting conditions.

I agree but arguably this is the only step in the process that takes just about as much time as they propose in the IDES timeline. I spoke with some LT who said they are working a 30-40 day turn around. I've been up there for 21 days. So maybe sometime within the next 2-3 weeks for me.

Update: PEB says 2-3 weeks left until it will be sent back and I can sign. They said they have been aiming for a 30-40 day turn around once it gets back to them from the VA. Mine has been there for 3 weeks already since November 1.

Hey, Foggy

Yep, VA stayed 90, but I only got 20 DoD. I'm fine with that, though.

How long did it take for your EAS to post?

I think 14 days, but I was in contact with HQMC and it posted as Jan 31st, so called them back and the LCpl assured me it would change to Feb 28th, which it did in the next 48 hours after that.

Just noticed not too many Marines on here posting anything. So I figured I'd give a quick update since it's been a while.

40 days since PEB received proposed ratings of 90% from VA. (44 since VA sent it out).

Still waiting to sign for ratings. Called PEB 3 weeks ago and was told 2-3 weeks or around 30-40 days. Then called last week and was told 1-2 weeks. So it's been past all three of those comments and estimations (of course).

Others have said around the 50 day mark, which I will be coming up on the better half of that estimation next week. In my case specifically, it has been the longer of all estimations for every step in this process.

So once the stars align and someone decides to send my package back to me a month short of a year later, I will hope everything is correct.

My next plan is to get a (retirement?) date set for Jan 30 and be out on Jan 2 with leave and PTAD. Of course this will most likely get pushed back seeing I do not sign next week or possibly the week after that. But I do fully intend on contacting MMSR-4 once I sign so that I can get the ball rolling on exiting the USMC. Will keep posting until I'm done with this process to help anyone out who is currently going through this as well.

Last edited:
Just noticed not too many Marines on here posting anything. So I figured I'd give a quick update since it's been a while.

40 days since PEB received proposed ratings of 90% from VA. (44 since VA sent it out).

Still waiting to sign for ratings. Called PEB 3 weeks ago and was told 2-3 weeks or around 30-40 days. Then called last week and was told 1-2 weeks. So it's been past all three of those comments and estimations (of course).

Others have said around the 50 day mark, which I will be coming up on the better half of that estimation next week. In my case specifically, it has been the longer of all estimations for every step in this process.

So once the stars align and someone decides to send my package back to me a month short of a year later, I will hope everything is correct.

My next plan is to get a (retirement?) date set for Jan 30 and be out on Jan 2 with leave and PTAD. Of course this will most likely get pushed back seeing I do not sign next week or possibly the week after that. But I do fully intend on contacting MMSR-4 once I sign so that I can get the ball rolling on exiting the USMC. Will keep posting until I'm done with this process to help anyone out who is currently going through this as well.

Good luck Cobra! It has been rather quiet around here but I'm still checking in every day or so.

Mine took longer in almost every step it feels.

Almost there! Everything unfortunately has a habit of slowing down for the holidays. Hope you hear something soon.

I just got word to come in and sign, just looking forward to being done as the sooner I get out the sooner I know how to plan/transition better. Cobra i think you and I are on the same timeline, wouldn't be surprised if you get a call today or tomorrow

My stuff got sent back to the PEB on Oct 28. They got it Nov 1st

But a phone call sometime soon would be nice lol. I'll just retire at 20 years as a SGT most likely HA.

@RougeNation anything yet??

My PEBLO told me that 3 packages were ahead of me last week and that packages keep rolling in. As of today I only have one package ahead of me.

Either way, hopefully sometime soon. At least you have some sights to take in, I was there for that advanced infantry school for some courses when I was in 29 palms. Nice place.

Either way, hopefully sometime soon. At least you have some sights to take in, I was there for that advanced infantry school for some courses when I was in 29 palms. Nice place.

Yeah it's not so bad out here . Way better then PI I think. You hear anything yet?