My guess is that the PEB hasn't decided fit/unfit yet. Sounds like your case should be going to the VA for ratings soon though!

My anxiety about this process went away for like a day. Only reason i know my propesed rating is because i went to my local VA to fill out paperwork for my claim. Still havent heard a word from my peblo in 4 months. Never got the official va rating in the mail. Then i just realised there are two more wait games after this is all said and done. You wait for orders. Then you have to wait 2 months or more to get benifits. I keep telling myself this is part of the process and im not the only one. Even the people working our cases have their own lives and situatuons. But this limbo status we have to go through is crazy on the mind. Not only are your possibly getting out the service, but you have to plan a whole new life without really knowing the cards your dealt yet. You still have to deal with the issues that got you ths peb in the first place! My family depends on me and i dont have a answer. Its so frustrating. And if you have a command that is constantly not taking care of you. I couldnt imagine. Dont know the right or wrong way to go through a peb. All i know is that its literally crazy on the mind.

I feel your pain. It would help if there was some more structure.

Last edited:
Then your there is a good chance your package is complete and was sent back to the PEB already.

My anxiety about this process went away for like a day. Only reason i know my propesed rating is because i went to my local VA to fill out paperwork for my claim. Still havent heard a word from my peblo in 4 months. Never got the official va rating in the mail. Then i just realised there are two more wait games after this is all said and done. You wait for orders. Then you have to wait 2 months or more to get benifits. I keep telling myself this is part of the process and im not the only one. Even the people working our cases have their own lives and situatuons. But this limbo status we have to go through is crazy on the mind. Not only are your possibly getting out the service, but you have to plan a whole new life without really knowing the cards your dealt yet. You still have to deal with the issues that got you ths peb in the first place! My family depends on me and i dont have a answer. Its so frustrating. And if you have a command that is constantly not taking care of you. I couldnt imagine. Dont know the right or wrong way to go through a peb. All i know is that its literally crazy on the mind.
Jay,
I am sorry for your anxiety, and yes peblos and the PEB should take into account peoples stress and anxiety, etc. Just realize that the was WAY more broken 4 months ago and they are starting to fix it and people are actually starting to see that. Just know you are way closer to the light at the end of the tunnel than others. and we all have each other on here to give our advice and experience. we each have already made the PEB process a little easier so lets continue to do so!

Here is another thing to check, when my PEB packet hit the VA system there was a document request listed for it where they received it. It only showed up in Vets.gov (under request from others). My claim bounced back and forth from Preparation for notification to evidence gathering like 10 times. My Claim (the one waiting on the DD214) still says gathering of evidence. The historical claim says closed(one sent back to PEB).

I don't see the documents requested by others

Sorry mixing ebenifits and vets.gov terminology, in vets.gov go to the open claim, Youll see 3 boxes Status/Files/ Details. Click files, scroll down and you'll see files requests, I have 10 of them, one is where they asked for my initial entry physical, one says PEB packet received. Others are where someone left out a date stamp etc. This is how I KNEW I was unfit because they received the packet. Shortly after they received it I got the closed claim and ratings sent back to PEB. Hope this helps.

To do the same on ebenifits; manage, compensation, compensation claim status, open claims (click date), scroll down and under needed from you. You can see all the document requests for your claim here is the screen shot of ebenifits.Presentation1.jpg

who is this jeff guy and how do i get a hold of him? i called the number i've seen in several threads and it goes to vm

sweet thank you

Ok so I just got off the phone with my PEBLO and she got the report that my case has been going through the QA process since the 22nd. Hopefully I'll be found unfit. But in the event I don't I have 10 days to appeal the findings. My question is what additional things would I have to do?

Hello all,
My updated timeline is as follows:
Referral: JUL17
Package sent to PEB: 08SEP17
VA Ratings Complete: 30OCT17
Back to PEB: 16NOV17 (VA had to resend over 300 cases bc corruption in the system)
QA Phase: 20NOV17
SIGNED FINDINGS: 29NOV17, 100%TDRL, 100%VA
Requested a retirement date of 12FEB18.
Should begin house hunting and terminal leave 28DEC17.

The PEB is moving guys. Keep your heads up.
If you get TDRL/PDRL you get 20 days of house/job hunting leave to go along with terminal if approved by your chain of command.
Best wishes to all and always get ahold of me if you need advice!

Does anyone have an idea of a rough timeline from when you sign findings to the point you receive orders from PSD? Also what steps are you guys taking to ensure its done in a timely manner?

Does anyone have an idea of a rough timeline from when you sign findings to the point you receive orders from PSD? Also what steps are you guys taking to ensure its done in a timely manner?
No one has a direct answer for how long Milpers will take to process orders but it could be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. You should have requested a separation date when you signed your findings. For example, i requested a date of 12FEB. I have 25 days of leave and 20 days of PTDY. Therefore my last day should be DEC28. That’s if milpers gets my orders sent out in time.

No one has a direct answer for how long Milpers will take to process orders but it could be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. You should have requested a separation date when you signed your findings. For example, i requested a date of 12FEB. I have 25 days of leave and 20 days of PTDY. Therefore my last day should be DEC28. That’s if milpers gets my orders sent out in time.
Did you route your PTDY after you signed or before?

I routed it as soon as i signed. If you get medically retired you get 20 days, medical sep is 10. It can be in conjunction of your terminal leave

My claim closed on 9 Nov and went to PEB, I signed my 199 on 7 Dec. My original claim now says gathering of evidence and will stay that way until I submit my DD214 to the VA. Now to wait on orders.

It took 30 days from when I signed to when I got orders just a few months ago.

It took 30 days from when I signed to when I got orders just a few months ago.
That seems to be the average here but the two week Christmas leave period is coming so I am being realistic about the Army shutting down for two weeks.

So I got ahold of one of the Chiefs at the Board. He informed me that my case was in the QA phase still and then would be sent to my peblo...He then backtracked and said or the VA.. I then asked if he knew what the rulng was and he said he couldn't tell me that... However his little slip of being sent back to the PEBLO leads me to believe they somehow have found me fit. Which if they have, what do I do to resubmit?