Narsum/general question..

MrMarlow3

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
after carefully reading my narsum the dr that wrote my narsum really exaggerated my words and made it sound like I am lying about my pain. Is it possible to get someone to look over my narsum and fix it because it's absurd. Also noticed 2 things I though would be not fitting are so I requested an IMR one of the issues are the exact issue as my other leg that they found unfitting and the narsums reasoning is because I didn't have enough evidence and complaints of it hurting which I first made reference in 2012 and it even says that in my medical record. But she says I didn't complain about it enough to make it med board creditable. If they imr dr doesn't agree with me what else can I do because according to the lawyer here at fort Polk he said I'm looking as of right now at 10% dod 90/100% va

HumbleZ

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you do not like the Narsum, you can get it requested to be rewritten. As I heard. The package is yours. Its up to you to decide when to send it up to washington after reading everything and fix anything you do not think is right.

dotlak

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
after carefully reading my narsum the dr that wrote my narsum really exaggerated my words and made it sound like I am lying about my pain. Is it possible to get someone to look over my narsum and fix it because it's absurd. Also noticed 2 things I though would be not fitting are so I requested an IMR one of the issues are the exact issue as my other leg that they found unfitting and the narsums reasoning is because I didn't have enough evidence and complaints of it hurting which I first made reference in 2012 and it even says that in my medical record. But she says I didn't complain about it enough to make it med board creditable. If they imr dr doesn't agree with me what else can I do because according to the lawyer here at fort Polk he said I'm looking as of right now at 10% dod 90/100% va
If your IPR is denied, you have the option of appealing the NARSUM.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Actually, appealing the NARSUM (and the MEB) is the method for challenging the results.

If you have persuasive and good evidence, this may change the outcome. However, be prepared for no change to your MEB findings. (This is the most common outcome). Do not despair, though....absent a change to the MEB, the real point of this part of the process is to ensure that the PEB has your views/contention before it when making their initial determination. If they side with you, great! You have prevailed. This may be unlikely, though. So, what your task is moving forward is to gather and present evidence showing your position is correct and should be found by the PEB.

Best of luck!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">