National Guard Questions

poohbear331

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Helping someone else-

they have an LOD that is in line of duty-
still in NG- wanting a form (they provided template) filled out by provider to generate perm profile
what is stated is of P3- MEB will be initiated
question is-
if MEB initiated - are they suppose to be put on active orders to complete the whole MEB process (if staying with unit in state) and what is the reference for it

thank you

Request MEDCON orders, if not, INCAP pay can be used.

They don't need to be on AD orders to complete the MEB (IDES) process. If they're unable to work in their civilian job, and or, attend drill due to their LOD injury, then they should request INCAP pay. They must request it, and don't be surprised if the unit says they don't know what INCAP is, or they get major push back. It's likely a fight, but a fight well worth it for those who need the support they are DUE.

Ref. DA PAM 135-381 and AR 135-381.

I've been through it successfully, so if you have questions, post them here or PM me if you'd like.

They don't need to be on AD orders to complete the MEB (IDES) process. If they're unable to work in their civilian job, and or, attend drill due to their LOD injury, then they should request INCAP pay. They must request it, and don't be surprised if the unit says they don't know what INCAP is, or they get major push back. It's likely a fight, but a fight well worth it for those who need the support they are DUE.

Ref. DA PAM 135-381 and AR 135-381.

I've been through it successfully, so if you have questions, post them here or PM me if you'd like.
What do you suggest if the commander states he can’t give an LOD? Fighting a battle for my husband with PTSD and I just can’t seem to get a straight answer, or any help from anyone. I thought we had a LOD, but it was a memorandum from Behavioral Health. :(

What do you suggest if the commander states he can’t give an LOD? Fighting a battle for my husband with PTSD and I just can’t seem to get a straight answer, or any help from anyone. I thought we had a LOD, but it was a memorandum from Behavioral Health. :(
Do me a favor and start a new post with this question. This thread is over 8 years old and your question deserves to stand on it's own outside of this thread. I will be happy to help start the discussion. Just tag me with your question by using the @ symbol and then typing Guardguy11. It should show you a drop down menu and you can select my name.

Godspeed

Back