NAVY PEB TIMELINE

georgeariza

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am not sure on all the dates, but i have been looking up other peoples info and thought i would add mine to help someone out.

JAN2010- INJURED

SEP2011- 1st LIMDU

6DEC2011- Refered to MEB
22JAN2012- By this time I had completed all VA Exams for 21 Claims incl. MEB injuries
24FEB2012- Recieved copy of C & P exams... Submitted rebuttal on final MEB dictation (incl. 2 addendums)
1MAR2012- No changes to dictation, package submitted to DC.

QUESTION: i am confused my PEBLO said it would take up to 4 months, but the IDES timeline says "15 DAYS" for IPEB. so do i find out in 15 Business Days after they recieve the package if i am Fit or Unfit??? After that its 15 more days for the rating board. http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/pcola/SpecialLinks/Documents/IDES Overview Handout.pdf

FACT: You can get surgery for conditions that you are not being MEB for while awaiting PEB, without restarting the timeline. The MTF will determine if you have ample time for recovery and followup before seperation. i.e. I will hopefully be getting PRK Eye Surgery soon. The recovery time is about 1 day and followups are done only 2 weeks out. CATCH i think you need to have a certain amount of time left on EAOS for surgery's. i have 2 years left on EAOS and since PEB is PENDING i am able to recieve.. REFERENCE: NAVY DISABILTY MANUAL SECNAVINST 1850.4E , pg. 65 (CTRL+F= "ELECTIVE")

Mine was right at 4 months. It was submitted to the PEB the first week in November and I got my results back February 29th. Now with that being said I had like 7 conditions that the VA had to rate not to mention the holidays. So I would say plan on 4 months starting getting prepared about 3 months. There is a number in another thread on here that you can call to find out the status. But I would not call until about June 1st.

UPDATES:

16MAR recieved UNFIT Finding
27MAR Appealed UNFIT finding with several statements and new medical evidence

11APR2012 i called the PEB in DC this number: 202-685-6419 and was told my package was sent to the VA yesterday for disability rating! i think that means UNFIT ;)))))

You lucky Son of a Gun. I just started the PEB process two weeks ago. I saw the VA rep the other day, and probably start going to my Exams here in the next week or two. I hope mine goes as fast as yours. What and how many things did you submit for. I am submitting for Crohn's Disease, Testicular Surgery, multiple Knee Surgeries, Gerd, MRSA, Scars, PTSD, Depression, OCD, Insomnia, Headaches, Bad Back, Torn Rotator cup, Arthritis, and a few other my issues. Do you think that I have a good shot of them finding me unfit. I am so ready to just go home. Kief

UPDATES:

16MAR recieved UNFIT Finding
27MAR Appealed UNFIT finding with several statements and new medical evidence

*****CORRECTION 16MAR recieved *FIT* Finding
27MAR Appealed *FIT* finding with several statements and new medical evidence

You lucky Son of a Gun. I just started the PEB process two weeks ago. I saw the VA rep the other day, and probably start going to my Exams here in the next week or two. I hope mine goes as fast as yours. What and how many things did you submit for. I am submitting for Crohn's Disease, Testicular Surgery, multiple Knee Surgeries, Gerd, MRSA, Scars, PTSD, Depression, OCD, Insomnia, Headaches, Bad Back, Torn Rotator cup, Arthritis, and a few other my issues. Do you think that I have a good shot of them finding me unfit. I am so ready to just go home. Kief

What you should definately do is meet with the PEB JAG officer, they will help alot.

What will help is having statements before hand i think you can submit them with the initial package. I had statements from my wife, past LPO, and current LCPO. It should show that you were a top sailor then you got injured and everything went to $@^t...

i know i had 20 claims but im not sure of all of them.
GERD, Laryngalspasm, Herniated Disc Cervical, Thoraic, Lumbar, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrom, TMJ, Pain in Eyes from Chemical Exposure, Loss of Sensation on Neck, hole from mouth to Sinus, Chronic Sinitus, Tinitus, Knee Pain,

11APR2012 i called the PEB in DC this number: 202-685-6419 and was told my package was sent to the VA yesterday for disability rating! i think that means UNFIT ;)))))

Have you heard anything back on your package yet? They sent mine out on the 3rd and I haven't...

unfortunately I haven't heard anything as of yet. i was told its a maximum of 6 weeks and yesterday i hit 5 weeks, so hopefully ill be recieving a call within the next couple days. I've been calling the VA every couple days to find out if i have a proposed rating yet, but they said they wouldnt be able to see that

Logged onto eBenefits today and saw my status changed from "Preperation for Decision" to "Pending Decision Approval" i scheduled a callback from the VA in 30 minutes to find out what that means. ;))))) hopeful....

Congrats! Just need to get a little bit of that speed over this way~

your lucky. my meb officially started 1 sep 2011. ive been waiting for ipeb rating since i signed the packet 28 nov 11. here it is may and still nothing. its complete bullshit. they need to go back to the old system because this isnt working. 245 days since meb started. 147 since IPEb recieved it and 85 days since packet from ipeb forwarded to va for rating. Ipeb sat on it for over 60 days before forwarding to va. this systen is crap and causes a lot of stress. not good when one of your conditions is chronic PTSD. fact: they dont give a damn about the regular joes. not the va, the DOD, Peblos are useless, MSC useless. i dropped a congressional complaint in feb. im about to drop another one. IDES timeline says 15 days then VA another 15. im waaayy effin past that. im sick of it. sick of this whole process.

How do you check on the status of your PEB?
Talk to your PEBLO. The Army has some fancy system that allows tracks it online, the Navy does not.