Navy-Separation for 3 PFA failure or MEDBOARD Separation

BLESSED14

Registered Member
I was recently told that I was found unfit during my medboard process(now awaiting percentage approval). To my understanding part of the reason I was medboarded was PRT. Before finding out the decision of "unfit" my PCM said that I would have to do the bca/prt and if I received a 3rd failure or 3rd waiver(1 prt, 1 bca and prt) that I would be admin separated. My PEBLO said that I cannot be separated for a 3rd failure while the medboard process is active. Can someone please advise me of what is going on?
1. Will I be separated for prt failures if I fail a 3rd one or receive a 3rd waiver eventhough I am found unfit, or will I be processed out on the medboard findings regardless of a 3rd failure? Thank you in advance. If you have any black and white to help, it would be appreciated. I tried searching but couldn't find anything

Hello,

Look the instructionSECNAVINST 1850.4E page 26 last line of the applicability portion. Says that unless separated for missconduct the PEB process shall be resume and completed.

Hello,

Look the instructionSECNAVINST 1850.4E page 26 last line of the applicability portion. Says that unless separated for missconduct the PEB process shall be resume and completed.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!