Need help/info separation under AR 635-200 CH.13 while in PEB stage of medboard

cried91

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
As the title reads, its a long story but my commander decided to try and chapter me. The medboard and the chapter paperwork started at the exact same time. My question is due to the way the regulation reads should the chapter should fall off? It says unless going through chapter 7, 10, or 14 the chapter is dropped. Is that correct? or does someone have a better answer? Also I am currently in the Physical evaluation stage of the medboard and it seems the chapter is still going also. *Sorry for horrible grammar*

No, the chapter will not drop. You will continue in the MEB process and the chapter will continue as well (dual process). The MEB take precedent over all misconduct discharges. If you are found fit for duty then the chapter may be in effect.

Go talk to TDS and have them counsel you.

I agree with @gsfowler , get counsel ASAP. There is potentially lots of money on the line, so avoid things that put you in the spotlight.

As an FYI for: NVLSP has assisted several service members for free with their dual processing cases (administrative separation and medboard). If you are facing this situation, we would be happy for you to apply for NVLSP’s services. We are a non-profit and our services are always 100% free of charge. Contact us at 202-265-8305, ext 152; [email protected]; or www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/lawyers-serving-warriors.

No, the chapter will not drop. You will continue in the MEB process and the chapter will continue as well (dual process). The MEB take precedent over all misconduct discharges. If you are found fit for duty then the chapter may be in effect.

Go talk to TDS and have them counsel you.

So I was found unfit the other day I am waiting on my ratings from the VA, after that I should be getting counseled from my PEBLO. I have not heard anything from my command about being able to talk to TDS yet (I know there is a certain point where they make you go to TDS, and I was told TDS wont talk to me until then..) so either way if TDS does not suggest the chapter to get dropped the end decision is still given 50/50 or is it mostly in favor of the medboard?

Also for a little bit of background I was given a BAR for being on the Command list integration (CLI) (my commander didn't think I was ready to be promoted so he put a BAR on me) I was not developmentally counseled for the 90 days, and then he kept the BAR on me for another 90 days (still no counselings) saying I would be off the BAR within the next week.. then the commander decided I would be chaptered because I made no progress. (in this time frame from before the CLI/BAR to chapter start I was not developmentally counseled for around 2 years.) So the whole situation is weird, but I have been documenting everything, and the chapter process started up when I was given the option to take a medboard.