New here, Diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and more

Loadmaster6

Registered Member
I have been active duty for just under 3 years in the Air Force. I was diagnosed with EoE and GERD back in December 2017. I have had 7 dilations done, been on all the different steroids and meds, been to the allergist and nothing is working. The doc said he's going to submit my package in a couple weeks to see if they want to do a full MEB. I also have Insomnia, had surgery on my right foot last year due to a bunion, and broke my ankle PTing so these have been giving me problems not able to run very well. I would love some help as far as what you guys think will happen. Do you think I will get an MEB? If so do you think it'll be a retirement? Medically separate me? If I do what are the disability ratings for the problems I have? I am married with a 1 year old son.

Jkdy116

Registered Member
I’m going through an MEB for EOE as well. My MEB conditions are Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, and EOE. I should be getting my rating from AFPC any day now. I’ll keep you posted with the outcome.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think you should wait for the MEB. If the MEB is RTD with/without limitations then no sweat. If you are found unfit at less than 30%, get the best attorney you can afford.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">