New MARADMIN and Approaching EAS

USMC.JCA

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone know what will happen if my extension doesn't get processed in time for my EAS?? Someone told me that I would be expected to continue working but that my pay might stop temporarily, which sounds absurd. I asked my command about the new MARADMIN back in July and they shrugged it off and said "you're on med hold so you're fine." Then I brought it up again in August and they said the same thing, and I'm also fairly certain they are clueless when it comes to the IDES process in general. I finally got them to take me seriously a few weeks ago when I printed the MARADMIN and highlighted the portions that pertained to my situation. So now my extension is waiting for approvals, but I'm worried it won't be processed in time (20171109). My case has been at the PEB for 9 weeks now. What's going to happen if my EAS gets here before the extension goes through?

All I can say is that my med board package was submitted like, 2 days before my EAS and so I was automatically extended. My pay was delayed I think it was about 2 weeks, (this was back in 2015). You'll probably see on MOL that your EAS is 99999999. That means you've got an to be determined EAS (TBD).

There was a new MARADMIN that came out that prevents them from blocking out our EAS, so my command assumed that my situation would be like yours, but the new MARADMIN says that they can't hold me past my EAS and I have to do an extension.

That's okay man. They can't legally discharge you without the normal steps. Stuff like TAMPS/TAPS, closing out your STAR Card accounts, you know, normal check out stuff. If you have to do an extension, they'll make it happen and it will be top priority. You can probably get a hold of your separations section at S-1 and they will have a Marine there who can tell you what's up. Let me know if you run into any problems. I'm not afraid to call anyone.