New MEB Timeline

Horizon

Registered Member
Hey all. I've been looking around this forum for the past couple months since I knew I was getting a MEB, and figured it would be more helpful to join for not only advice, but maybe a little sanity. But here's my timeline so far.

Oct?? - NARSUM completed and sent
Dec - Full MEB necessary
22 Dec - Initial brief with PEBLO
11 Jan - C&P Exams

So now I know it's a bit of a waiting game. Anyone have any advice?

Patience is key at this step. You've done the exams so it's a waiting game now. Please review all the results when you get them before it goes to the IPEB.

If you do not agree do ask for an impartial review. You need to be proactive on most of these following steps and ensure that all narsums and addendums are included before forwarding to the IPEB.

Go on with your life. Living life based on waiting for a decision is too nerve racking. Plan and execute something fun.

Get your supporting documents in order. You will need them for many processes within the IDES process.

Thank you all for the advice. I was told my full MEB package was sent up 05 Feb, and my PEBLO told me I should hear back in a month or so.

Dec - Full MEB necessary
11 Jan - C&P Exams
05 Feb - Full package sent

timeline in signature

IPEB results came back with 100 DoD/100 VA and TDRL. I signed my 1180 on Thursday!

Dec - Full MEB necessary
11 Jan - C&P Exams
28 Feb - Ratings received
01 Mar - Signed 1180

Thanks! I guess I'm not far behind you. My VA examiner didnt seem to care at all about the exam, didnt ask any questions about most of the things listed, and physically lifted my arm through the pain to get a range of motion rating. So I'm very unhappy with that, as I will likely now not get a retirement after 13 years of service.

16 November 17 - IRILO notification
22 December 17 - NARSUM completed
2 Jan 18 - Commanders letter compeleted
20 Jan 18 - DAWG initiates full MEB
31 Jan 18 - Signed for IDES process
7 Feb 18 - Initial VA intake appointment
26 Feb 18 - All VA C&P Exams
27 Feb 18 - Development Letter sent

Now I guess I'm waiting for ratings?

Thank you all for the advice. I was told my full MEB package was sent up 05 Feb, and my PEBLO told me I should hear back in a month or so.

Oct?? - NARNoM completed and sent
Dec - Full MEB necessary
11 Jan - C&P Exams

We have a similar timeline. My package was submitted February 1st. The info that I have gathered from researching the forum, is that if we don't hear anything back within 45 days an unfit finding was determined and our package has been forwarded to the VA for ratings. I'm sure that are many variables that might change the timeline but at this point I'm ok with waiting... "No news is good news"