Newbie, would like advice on Asthma MEB

Boomer82

Registered Member
First time on this forum, so please bear with me. If I'm in the wrong place I would appreciate being directed to the correct area for answers.
Background: I am a CMSgt/E-9 in the Air National Guard, just started year 32. I was deployed to Kandahar Afghanistan in 2006 (right next to the cement factory), Balad AB Iraq in 2008 (Burn Pits and Dust storms) and Ul Udeid Qatar in 2011 Heat and Dust Storms), I have never had any breathing issues until after the 2006 deployment to Kandahar. After my latest deployment I was diagnosed with melanoma, which has since been cleaned up and I've been given a clean bill of health from. During the treatment for the skin cancer, I mentioned to my PCP that I was short of breath and had a rough go of it in Qatar, thinking that it was just the heat and dust. She had x-rays and a breathing test done, and after these tests I was diagnosed with Asthma, and prescribed an Albuterol inhaler, that was in Sept 2011. I've gone through the LOD process and my case has come back that the Asthma was a Line of duty determination. I've been ordered to have another respiratory function check done (I did yesterday), and a Meth challenge test (next week). My Doctor has confirmed that I have Asthma, though I don't have a copy of the results. My question is if (or sounds like when) I'm found unfit for duty through an MEB, does immediate retirement compensation apply to me, or will I be retired from the Guard and have to wait until my normal retirement age to receive the benefits of an Air National Guard Retirement. I have a total of 13 years of active duty.
Thanks for any advice