Not getting paid

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
So my last day in active duty was 30 Jan 2016. I should be paid by DOD March 1st, but that isn't gonna happen. I called DFAS and they stated that they received the info to build my retiree account on 9 Feb and that it takes 30-45 days to complete. So I'm just not going to get paid anything at all on 1 March.

VA is sitting at preparation for decision since 8 FEB. that's not moving either. Sucks to wait. It seems to me in today's digital world they could process these things a little faster. I wish I had a job but I can't think of one I could do worth a shit. Time to start shuffling money out of savings and juggling the bill payment dates as far to the right as the grace periods allow.

I would take a trip to the local finance office and visit with the commanding officer. Many decades ago I had a similar problem transition to AD from the Reserves. Once the CO got involved magic happened. Best wishes. Mike

Not anywhere near a base or finance office unfortunately.

I have been on transition leave since 4-FEB with a retirement date of 6-March. I checked in mypay and noticed my retirement acct already been setup, I'm hope DOD payment kicks in on tire. If you are in the AW2 program by chance, I know they can provide financial assistance until your pay keep kicks in.