NVLSP Attorney or Navy Appointed FPEB Attorney?

commsguy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone,

I just got a call from NVLSP that they would take my case. I am awaiting my FPEB date. They said I could only use them or Navy appointed counsel but not both due to the regulations.

They seem to have a great reputation and also said if FPEB does not go in my favor they will represent at the Federal Claims and help with BCNR as well.

I am going to FPEB to get my unfit conditions split up and rated properly as they were by the VA. The PEB combined two and gave me the lower percent.

I would greatly appreciate any inputs as to whether I should go with NVLSP or take my chances with a Navy appointed FPEB attorney.

Thanks in advance!!

The NVLSP is an excellent organization with a tremendous track record. That said, if your timeline is tight, you might be better off with your Navy attorney. If that doesn’t work out, use them for the BCNR. ABCMR is taking more than 18 months to render decision. I don’t know about BCNR.

Thanks for the input, I do not have a formal board date yet so I am not sure what the timelines are for that and no one seems to be able to give me a clear answer when I ask.

Thanks for the input, I do not have a formal board date yet so I am not sure what the timelines are for that and no one seems to be able to give me a clear answer when I ask.

From the couple of people I know who have gone to the FPEB (myself included) it's right around six weeks. Maybe longer if you are being scheduled right now because of the holidays.

Thanks, I was kind of expecting a big delay rolling into the holiday stand down. That would definitely put me over into the new year.

I know this is later but for others who come across this. I have been represented by NVLSP and they have done a excellent job of working through my appeal and challenging findings and processes of the PEB.