PDBR Online Case Docket Updates? How often?

ArmyRose4659

Registered Member
Does anyone know the timeline of when and how often the http://boards.law.af.mil/AF_PDBR_CY2014.htm updates the case dockets? I've been waiting and watching each day since January 15th. It's still last updated December 1st, 2015. Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat watching, and if there is a timeline of what others have seen normal for updates?

Mine has been in progress since mid 2014. The last correspondence I received was 11 May 2015 say it had been transferred to the PDBR for adjudication. I finally emailed today trying to get some details on the status.

What the status of your Review Board?

This site is updated about every three to four months but I do know for fact it is not monthly. I am thinking the next update should be in March no later than April.

This is the site: http://boards.law.af.mil/AF_PDBR.htm

It has all the case dockets that have been finalized thus far. The site is only updated every 3 to 4 months but it is useful if you can find a case similar to yours and will give you some kind idea on what your outcome maybe.

You're right Horsley I've been checking as well and according to the pattern It should of updated by now. Funny thing is I can't even get a reply email, it appears that they have stop communicating. My case was in adjudication as of Nov 2015 and I would send an email at least two or three months just to check the status and the next day I would get a reply. For some reason now they wont reply as of Dec 2015. Strange...I feel if this was mandated by Congress we (Veterans) should at least have a better line of communication since could be a life changing event.

I sent an email on jan, feb and march 1st . in jan I received an email saying to contact them in 4mths. Just yesterday I received an email saying that my statues still has not changed and to email them back in 4 mths. now mind you I have been in adjuct. since oct nov of last year and now im in March and still nothing. im going to wait to write back in April to see what they say next.

I have been in adjudication since May 2015. When I sent an email in January 2016, my case was being prepared for adjudication. From the time I started the process, it has been a total of 22 months so far from beginning to now. Below is a brief timeline:

April 2014: Received a letter from PDBR that they have my application

May 2015: Received an email stating that the collections of medical and military records are complete. My case is being transferred to PDBR for adjudication.

January 2016: Email status and received an email stating that my case is being processed for preparation for review and adjudication and it could take several more months before its adjudicated.

You're right Horsley I've been checking as well and according to the pattern It should of updated by now. Funny thing is I can't even get a reply email, it appears that they have stop communicating. My case was in adjudication as of Nov 2015 and I would send an email at least two or three months just to check the status and the next day I would get a reply. For some reason now they wont reply as of Dec 2015. Strange...I feel if this was mandated by Congress we (Veterans) should at least have a better line of communication since could be a life changing event.
I seem to be on the same boat as you. No reply since Dec. 2015. And no updates on their docket number website.

I would just send another email. A lot of government individuals take off in the month of December so those emails may have gotten lost in wind.

well I received an email and here it is....
Sir,

Thank you for your patience as we work through our technical issues. Currently there has been no change to your case status, and it will likely be a few more months before there is any change.

Please e-mail us at this address ([email protected]) for PDBR related questions. However, due to the large volume of e-mail requests for status, our ability to respond to individuals has been impacted. Please limit your requests for status to once every four months. We appreciate your patience, and are working to process your case as expeditiously as possible.

Very Respectfully,

Physical Disability Board of Review

Even though your status did not change at least you got a response. My case was in adjudication since May 2015 and it's now being prepared to be reviewed that was in Jan. 2016 so it took about 8 months to get to the prepared and reviewed stage. I wish they had an online timeline like the VA does with benefits.

Even though your status did not change at least you got a response. My case was in adjudication since May 2015 and it's now being prepared to be reviewed that was in Jan. 2016 so it took about 8 months to get to the prepared and reviewed stage. I wish they had an online timeline like the VA does with benefits.
\

Just hang in there, mine has been adjudication since Nov 2015. You should hear something before me but looking at the dockets I don't think they're finishing in any particular order. Idk

I can tell you there is no particular order. The order that they are going in is by cases in the queue, if they could tell me what number I am that would've been great. Just hang in there but I know the process is long even though the letter said 18 months but it is much longer for certain cases. I read some blogs where it have been two years and I am close to my to my two year mark since I submitted the application.

I would also point out that neither the PDBR nor the BCMR reading room captures all of the decisions. I have had several cases that have never been updated or captured by the reading room website. (I don't like to infer or speculate or buy into conspiracy theories....that said, some of the cases have very favorable outcomes for the member but somehow have not been posted).

Bottom line, I believe you can use the site as a rough guide and nothing more.

I threw my tinfoil hat away years ago; however, I think that cases that are favorable to the member go against the "presumption of correctness." Ergo, they aren't posted to discourage appeals.

Almost all are deny.