PDBR results and filing with the VA

Talynhawk

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I realize this question is not completely related to the PDBR, but many vets might have a similar question. Does the VA have to recognize a service connected disability identified by the PDBR?

In 2007-8, I filed with the VA after my PEB board when I was awarded 0% service connection due to service aggravation. The VA did not service connect my injury in their decision of total denial. I suspect this was because of a C&P exam that went south quickly. Still waiting on my claims file to see for sure.

Fast forward to today where the PDBR upgraded my single injury to 10% with service connected aggravation. I have filed to reopen my claim and included the new PDBR paperwork with the original PEB paperwork. Does the VA have to recognize this as evidence and at least award service connection or is it still something a rater can have an opinion about? Could this have any bearing on my effective date? What do you all think? Thanks in advance for any input.

This is my opinion and mine alone. You should, what you got to lose. Just make sure you make copy and get yourself a representative to take on your case or at least do a lot of reading an research to help yourself. Good luck and go for broke