PDBR without MEB possible

Reinheitsgebot

Registered Member
I was discharged from the Army in 11/2006 and was paid half separation pay for ht/wt failure, after I had six years of active service. I had nagging injuries while on active duty that kept me on temporary profile and contributed to my weight gain and involuntary discharge. I filed a VA claim for compensation and was awarded a 60% rating beginning from my date of discharge. I am currently rated as 50% for Sleep Apnea with CPAP, and 10% each for GERD, Arthritis of the Right Hip, Arthritis of the Right Knee. I am appealing my GERD rating to include Hiatal Hernia and to increase to 30%.
Only my GERD was properly diagnosed while on active duty. The other injuries were diagnosed based on my complaints, medical records, and C&P exam. Basically, I was a good little soldier and never complained too much or raised a fuss about my issues, but did ensure my complaints were logged in my medical records. When I couldn't keep up anymore, I was kicked out the door.
I was also selected to attend OCS in 2005, but could not due to my injuries and weight gain and instead was discharged in 2006.
I'm wondering if anyone thinks its possible to have an Honorable Discharge with half separation pay reviewed by the PDBR even though I did not have an MEB?
I have a complete copy of my medical treatment records since discharge and I'm sure I wouldn't been found be fit for duty as an Infantryman with my arthritis and CPAC usage. No Commander in the world would let a guy like that stay in his unit. I know, I heard it all when I was in service.
Anyway, I'm not trying to get more pay, but I'm bothered that my career was taken from me and feel like I should have been retired. I work on an Army base and its frustrating to be excluded from many of the benefits a retiree is entitled to and I'm gathering evidence for an appeal.