PDRL under 20 yrs pay question

smlybright

Registered Member
My findings came back 30% DOD 70% VA, PDRL. What I'm confused about is I have my S-1 telling me I should get a retirement check AND a VA disability check but my PEBLO told me I'd only get the higher of the two. Can someone explain to me Barney style what happens? I've been in 7 years and my disability is not combat related. I am married too. Thanks for any help you can provide.

So lets say I get the same as "simplybight" 30% DOD and 70% VA but my I juries are combat. Does the same rules apply. I will only get paid off the va

My findings came back 30% DOD 70% VA, PDRL. What I'm confused about is I have my S-1 telling me I should get a retirement check AND a VA disability check but my PEBLO told me I'd only get the higher of the two. Can someone explain to me Barney style what happens? I've been in 7 years and my disability is not combat related. I am married too. Thanks for any help you can provide.

In the event that your DoD amount is higher than your VA amount, you will receive two checks, but they will "total" the higher of the two full amounts. For example, if your VA is 1000, but your DoD is 2500, you will receive one check from the VA for 1000 (tax free) and a check from the DoD for 1500 (taxable) to equal 2500.This is the "offset" that vets having been fighting to have removed for years now, most recently the proposed amendment to the 2013 NDAA- in which the amendment never made it to the Senate floor for a vote.

On the flip side, if your VA is higher than your DoD amount, you will just receive the one check from the VA, all tax free.

So lets say I get the same as "simplybight" 30% DOD and 70% VA but my I juries are combat. Does the same rules apply. I will only get paid off the va

If you qualify for CRSC, and the CRSC board concurs, the offset is removed in correlation with the injuries that were determined to meet CRSC guidelines (some people only have on or two injuries out of several that are determined to meet CRSC guidelines) and it is possible receive up to the full amount of both pays with full offset removal.

Sorry if that is too much info.

thanks.. on my part the va has finished. just waiting for the report thanks