PEB Attorneys

Jason,

A key to good rating seems to be an advocate who knows the system and current legislation, and can communicate with the board. Where do you find an attorney like this?

Frank

Frank,

There are only a handful of attorneys who practice in this area. I am one of the few (but as I stress, I do not run this site to advertise my services). If you are looking for one, you can google some keywords ("physical evaluation board attorney" etc.). I recommend talking to a few attorneys, see who you feel comfortable with and go with them.

Jason,

I am currently at BAMC going through the MEB/PEB process and I need a good attorney desperately, I already have one who claims he knows the process, but I think the laws have changed too much for a regular attorney who is not very experienced in this particular area.

The MEB office at BAMC, run by Dr. Stanley Unser, is very challenging to deal with. I have been at BAMC for two years and I still have not gotten half the medical care I really need ( they refused to send me to an orthopedist for torn ligaments and gross ankle instability for over a year.)
Case Management apparently runs the doctors and pretty much tells them what to put in their reports, etc. You would not believe what I have gotten for doctors reports from BAMC!

I am waiting for my informal board now, have turned in over 300 pages of appeal, medical documentation, turned in the info about the 2008 NDAA, got the additional review plus the doctors recommendations about what needs to be changed on the 3947 and the NARSUM (plenty!) and I am currently waiting.

If you will give me your email address I can send you more information

Thanks
Frank