PEB Process

Good Afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen.

First of all, I would like to thank all of those who have shared their personal experiences. You've helped me out a great deal with understanding the process but I am still concerned and have a few questions that you all will hopefully have the answer to.

Since boot camp, back in April of 2016 before graduation, I began having serious pain in my right hip. I was constantly seen by medical with no answers and only followed up by Physical therapy, several MRI's and X-rays as they continued to tell me the results revealed nothing. The same occurred throughout MCT and MOS School. Finally, I make it to the fleet. While stationed in Japan, I have, yet again, another MRI. They find nothing, once more, and explain to me that a therapeutic hip injection might ease the pain. I went along and the pain did lessen but it did not last for very long. I was left with unanswered questions and an unknown injury. I was stationed there for 1 year before an early PCS which brings me here to my current duty station where they recommended I do another hip injection, MRI, and ultra sound. I accepted and found the answers I was looking for after so long. It is shown in my MRI results that I have a tear in my labrum. I've continued to go to Physical Therapy, follow up with Sports medicine, and have done everything in my power to get back in the fight but they have just been prolonging a decision. I finished my 1st period of Limited Duty back in Japan and began my 2nd period before PCSing. My LIMDU status ends June 7th which is right around the corner and they have apparently started the PEB process. I have done nothing but follow up with Physical therapy on my condition and do as they recommend. What else must I do on my part to get the ball rolling? Are there steps that I need to complete before a final decision and if so, who do I see? I am so lost and have little to no information on my own situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By 'get the ball rolling,' are you asking how you can get out of the PEB process and back fit for full duty? Or are you asking what you can do to start the PEB process? These two questions have very different answers. If your PCM is placing a recommendation for a PEB, I personally do not know what you can do to fight the process other than trying to act like you are miraculously healed completely. If you are trying to start the PEB process, there isn't much that is in your control at this point either. Once it begins, you will be assigned a PEBLO and a MSC that will control the pace and overall experience of your PEB. Keep going to your scheduled appointments and just hold tight, hope for the best! Good luck.