PEB Timeline Okinawa

JimmyGBuckets21

Registered Member
Good Afternoon All,

It seems there's a lot of good information regarding stateside timelines, but wanted to see if there's anyone out there who's recently experienced the timelines out in Okinawa. I had my left knee operated on twice prior to the Marine Corps and was cleared to join and haven't had any problems since. About a year and a half ago I started having similar symptoms on my right knee. I was told the type of surgery I received that fixed the problem on my left isn't offered in the military for whatever reason. Below is my current timeline:

Oct 24th, 2016 1st Period LIMDU
Apr 20th, 2017 Follow up with provider PEB initiated
May 31st, 2017 PEB sent stateside

I was told by the PEBLO here at Camp Foster Naval Hospital it would take 21-30 days to hear back if my PEB is warranted or not. Now being July 14th, clearly that timeline hasn't been met. Is there anything I can do to figure out why it's taking so long, or has anyone experienced this same waiting period? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

User5388

Registered Member
Good Afternoon All,

It seems there's a lot of good information regarding stateside timelines, but wanted to see if there's anyone out there who's recently experienced the timelines out in Okinawa. I had my left knee operated on twice prior to the Marine Corps and was cleared to join and haven't had any problems since. About a year and a half ago I started having similar symptoms on my right knee. I was told the type of surgery I received that fixed the problem on my left isn't offered in the military for whatever reason. Below is my current timeline:

Oct 24th, 2016 1st Period LIMDU
Apr 20th, 2017 Follow up with provider PEB initiated
May 31st, 2017 PEB sent stateside

I was told by the PEBLO here at Camp Foster Naval Hospital it would take 21-30 days to hear back if my PEB is warranted or not. Now being July 14th, clearly that timeline hasn't been met. Is there anything I can do to figure out why it's taking so long, or has anyone experienced this same waiting period? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
If I were you I would just start bugging your PEBLO. I email mine every Wednesday, just so he has no way to forget about me, and I still get updates from him days after the actual event occurred. Like he told me I was found unfit a week after I was actually found unfit. You would have likely already heard back if you were found fit for duty though.

JimmyGBuckets21

Registered Member
If I were you I would just start bugging your PEBLO. I email mine every Wednesday, just so he has no way to forget about me, and I still get updates from him days after the actual event occurred. Like he told me I was found unfit a week after I was actually found unfit. You would have likely already heard back if you were found fit for duty though.
Thanks for your help! I was thinking about emailing him today actually. I just don't want to get on his bad side. He's been very helpful thus far and I want to keep that good relationship.

JimmyGBuckets21

Registered Member
I emailed him and received the same response I have been receiving for the past few weeks. "I will notify you immediately when we know the results. We do not control the turnaround time." Very frustrating.

User5388

Registered Member
I still bug mine, just did it today. What does your ebenfits say is going on with your package, not that it is a trustworthy site, but it appears to work for some folks.