PEB

Is it me, or does anybody out there see how they are excluding Vietnam and Desert Storm veterans on this reevaluating disabilty with 20% or less thing? Why not desert storm era seperations. A lot of us were forced out in 1992.

Dan

Dan,

Absolutely, you are right. It is an arbitrary date (as for treating Servicemembers and Veterans the same) to pick Sept. 11, 2001 as the cut-off point. The injustices occurred well before that date, too.

I wish that there was some answer through the courts or admin appeals. However, the solution lies with Congress. They have to change the law to "capture" the earlier cases. And the key to that is to galvanize Veterans (and current Servicemembers) to vote along lines of the issues. Right now, our voice is often divided along political party lines (which is why I strive to keep this site as non-political as possible; while I have strong feelings on the subject, I have stronger feelings about helping Servicemembers and Vets get a square deal. I do not want anyone to feel upset about politics and miss the important messages here). With more than 24 million Veterans out there, if we were to vote as a bloc, we could fix so much.

I think it is important to recognize that there are many out there who got shafted and are not in the limelight. It is something that I think we have to be wary of, having our interests divided, pitting Veterans from one era against another. To me, what is fair for one group should be fair for another.

However, you can still appeal you PEB decsion to your Service's Board for the Correction Of Military Records if you discovered the error or injustice within the last three years. Even if you did not, they often waive the three year requirement in the interest of justice. File with the BCMR. If they give you a crappy decision you have six years to take the crappy decision to federal court.

Mike

Jason what can I do? I'm retired/disabled now, with time on my hands and absolutely won't give up.

Dan