Permanent Disability Retirement

saidibtissam78

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello
I have question pls. In DD214 it says permanent disability (enhanced ). Not sure what does mean. Pls help. Thank u

Hello
I have question pls. In DD214 it says permanent disability (enhanced ). Not sure what does mean. Pls help. Thank u
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, it means your have a permanent disability with an enhanced (or combat-related) categorization.

As such, the (Enhanced) indicates SPD codes used by the Disability Evaluation System (DES) that reflect the categorization of combat-related disabilities directed by Public Law 110-181 to be used on DD Form 214 for all service members with disabilities incurred in combat-related operations.

In retrospect, the Separation program designator (SPD) codes are three-character alphabetic combinations that identify reasons for, and types of, separation from active duty. The primary purpose of SPD codes is to provide statistical accounting of reasons for separation. Take care and enjoy!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Mine DD214 also say the same thing, however, I am actually on TDRL.
No worries, my DD Form 214 also states the same and I am still on DoD military TDRL after nearly 3 years. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

I'm sorry guys to interrupt you, I got out from service 3 weeks ago but whenever I log in to Ebenefit I don't see anything then I called VA they told me they still working on ur case. I got proposal ratings before I got out and they put me on permant disability. I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm sorry guys to interrupt you, I got out from service 3 weeks ago but whenever I log in to Ebenefit I don't see anything then I called VA they told me they still working on ur case. I got proposal ratings before I got out and they put me on permant disability. I'm not sure what's going on.
Did you give the VA your DD-214?

Does anyone know what the SPD codes stand for? Mine is SEJ, thanks!

Air Force.

SEJ - Disability, Permanent (Enhanced)

Sooo, what does enhanced mean?

discharged by reason of permanent disability (enhanced) and the correct separation code for a combat-related disability that results in permanent disability retirement is "SEJ."

Hmm, mine isn't combat related nor receiving CRSC?!? (CSRC?)

How long did it take to get your DD214? I'm on terminal leave now and got the worksheet at my final out. But I am wondering if I won't get the completed form until my actual retirement date? I am hoping to be able to send it to the VA so I can generate the eligibility letters.

How long did it take to get your DD214? I'm on terminal leave now and got the worksheet at my final out. But I am wondering if I won't get the completed form until my actual retirement date? I am hoping to be able to send it to the VA so I can generate the eligibility letters.

Mine was available 2 days before retirement, or 1 day before my last day on active duty. It might have been earlier (might) but I was doing a back and forth for corrections.

Have you gotten a username and password for vmpf? Is best to get this before you turn in your CAC. Otherwise, there is a help desk number on vmpf login page. It says you need your supervisor to call on your behalf, but this is incorrect, they actually want you to call personally

Mine was available 2 days before retirement, or 1 day before my last day on active duty. It might have been earlier (might) but I was doing a back and forth for corrections.

Have you gotten a username and password for vmpf? Is best to get this before you turn in your CAC. Otherwise, there is a help desk number on vmpf login page. It says you need your supervisor to call on your behalf, but this is incorrect, they actually want you to call personally
That's good to know! I'll keep an eye out for it as my actual date approaches. I do have a user name and password for vmpf. I just hope it works when I need it. Haha!

Hi there, I uploaded my DD214 to the VA a couple days ago and I'm really hoping the eligibility letters are updated quickly. Did you ever get yours? If so, do you remember how long it took? Thanks!

I met with a VA rep who told me my DD214 must include "disability" as the reason for my MEB retirement. I have 22 years active duty and am complete with my MEB, VA proposed rating and am waiting for my final date of service and DD214. I have 100% VA (proposed) and 90% DOD, with combat codes. What do I need to look for on my DD214 so that I will be covered with this required terminology and or additional coding so that I will not have to appeal and make a correction at a later date? Dropping me a direct email would speed things along.

Cheers

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, it means your have a permanent disability with an enhanced (or combat-related) categorization.

As such, the (Enhanced) indicates SPD codes used by the Disability Evaluation System (DES) that reflect the categorization of combat-related disabilities directed by Public Law 110-181 to be used on DD Form 214 for all service members with disabilities incurred in combat-related operations.

In retrospect, the Separation program designator (SPD) codes are three-character alphabetic combinations that identify reasons for, and types of, separation from active duty. The primary purpose of SPD codes is to provide statistical accounting of reasons for separation. Take care and enjoy!

Best Wishes!
@Warrior644, This is GOLD! I am going through similar situation but I'm needing pages in reference to your statement above: Tying together the (Enhanced) to combat-related disability. Where on Public Law 110-181 can I see the correlation. Thank you much!