Possible Expedited Process

goosey

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I don't want to post too many personal details about my life story on here but I was hoping that there might be someone who could tell me if it would be possible to rush the final part of my paperwork due to extenuating circumstances. I will gladly fill in the details to this person via PMs. I have received the notification on ebenefits that my ratings have been completed and mailed, but I have not yet received the phone call to come find out what they are. To give you an idea of my circumstances, depending on what information I receive in the next day or two, I would be requesting a compassionate reassignment or a dependancy/hardship discharge if I was not awaiting this PEB. I would still consider it if I was not this close to getting the paperwork signed and requesting home awaiting orders and I only would not now because I feel like it would be faster to wait for the phone call even if it can't be rushed. Again I will gladly fill in the details to someone who truly feels like they may be able to answer. I'm already trying to make other plans but I do like to know all my options.

Thanks for all your help everyone, and not just for this particular question. What you all do on here is great and has helped me in many ways already.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hopefully, other forum members with specific knowledge and/or pinpointed experiences shall provide feedback soon.

Best Wishes!

I have not heard of a way to request your case be expedited. Do you have any accrued leave? Generally you can request and receive leave once the MEB portion is done.

Not enough leave to make a major difference. I've been trying to keep my leave balance low so that I would be able to quickly take a job position when my results came back. I wanted to spend time with my family now rather than sell back my days at the end. I see now that may have been a poor decision. It may not be an issue anyway. It could be that even if I received very bad news in the next day or so that I could get that phone call on Monday or Tuesday just by pure coincidence alone. I am not expecting there to be something in place given the number of cases they deal with, I just wouldn't be doing myself or my family justice if I didn't at least put the question out there to see if anyone might know anything.

That is correct Mr. Perry. I am a Marine. I do intend on requesting home awaiting orders if the circumstances don't change and if I can't figure out anything else. As I said before, I wasn't expecting anything in particular but if I've learned nothing else through this whole process it is to ask questions and never assume.

That is correct Mr. Perry. I am a Marine. I do intend on requesting home awaiting orders if the circumstances don't change and if I can't figure out anything else. As I said before, I wasn't expecting anything in particular but if I've learned nothing else through this whole process it is to ask questions and never assume.

...and as I always comment, "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!