Post PDBR Decision Anxiety

hazegray

Registered Member
My Brief Story: I was discharged from the Navy in 2008 for PTSD 10%. I received severance and VA also rated me 10%.

I applied for PDBR in Spring 2015. It took almost 3 years, but a favorable judgement (10% TO 30%) in February 2018.

I received the initial correspondence and it's been 2 months since then. I have some questions about this process. Maybe someone can help.

1) How long from original letter does it take for follow up? What exactly is the follow up?

2) The last page of my PDBR decision letter contained my correct address. Is that the address the DOD will use?

3) Who can I contact to find out if correspondence was sent to me?

I am worried that my information could have been sent to a different address or compromised in some way. Any help would seriously help me with the anxiety I am going through. So, Thank You!

I don’t have the answers that you’re looking for but congrats! I’m also going through the process. VA rated my condition 30% and the Army gave me 0%. I would think it would take a while for the info to be corrected. Hopefully someone can chime in to help.

Thanks Rater. I read a poster on here got a corrected DD214 in two weeks. Anyone else have any idea how long it takes?

Many of us have been right where you are. Just keep in mind the every case is different. You can get a good idea of the process and timeframe by looking at other timelines. Here is my timeline to date:

MEB SEPARATION - 5/2006
SUBMITTED PDBR APPLICATION - 5/2015
PDBR COMPLETE /AWARDED 40% PDRL- 10/2017
RETIREMENT ORDERS - 2/12/2018
ID CARDS/DEERS - 2/13/2018
Monthly Deposit Start - 5/1/2018

At this point I still haven't received my DD215. I hope this was helpful and good luck!

When I was AD, people often said happiness is a line number (as appose to friends who were passed over). So having a positive decision from the PDBR is something to celebrate. I'd expect it take until June. The system grinds slow. The PDBR's affirmative decision just started a new train of paperwork for the system.

I don’t have the answers that you’re looking for but congrats! I’m also going through the process. VA rated my condition 30% and the Army gave me 0%. I would think it would take a while for the info to be corrected. Hopefully someone can chime in to help.
I was boarded out of the Marine Corps in 89, at 10% for asthma, and 0% sinus retinitis service connected, and given severance pay, of about 18k, that was subject to recoupment, at rate of 73.00 per month. In 90 the VA rated me at 10%. In 94 the VA re-evaluated me and rated my asthma at 30%. I submitted my claim to the board 5/24/18 via email. On 5/29/18 the intake unit advised me that they were in receipt on my claim, and a case manager will contact me if any information was needed. I read the criteria, and I'm currently being evaluated by the VA for secondary condition. I wish all of you the best.