Predict My Ratings

kcb12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys, I started the IDES process back in February for a number of claims (Chronic L. back with right radicular symptoms being the referred condition) and after finishing my final evaluation, I was disenrolled to add on a new unfitting condition of bipolar II. So, while I wait for my final BH appointment, here's the rundown of what the doc wrote. I'd appreciate getting some insight on what you think the ratings might come out to. I've referenced the schedule and have an idea myself, but I might be being too critical. There's one I certainly don't agree with.

GERD
- continuous medication
- infrequent episodes of epigastric distress
- pyrosis
- reflux
- regurgitation

ALLERGIC RHINITIS
- larger than 50% obstruction of nasal passage
- no complete obstructions
- permanent hypertrophy of nasal turbinates
- no polyps

NON-TOXIC MULTINODULAR GOITER
- no malignancy
- no endocrine problems

IBS
- continuous medication
- periodic diarrhea
- no episodes of abdominal distress *(this is incorrect)

SHIN SPLINTS/RT. KNEE
- secondary to other dx
- all normal

LUMBROSACRAL STRAIN/R SACROILITIS/R PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME
- no functional loss of thorac spine
- abnormal rom
F Flexion: 90
Extension: 30
R Lat Flex: 10
L Lat Flex: 30
R Lat Flex: 30
L Lat Flex: 30

- ROM interferes with twisting movements
- pain on exam
- marked tenderness
- less movement than normal due to ankyloses, limitation or blocking, adhesions, etc.
- no ankyloses of the spine
- no neurologic abnormalities
- no arthritis
- film of lumbar shine shows subtle changes consistent with muscle spasm

MIGRAINES
- continuous medication
- headache pain
-pulsating or throbbing
-localized to one side
-worsens with physical activity
-nausea
-vomiting
-sensitivity to light
-changes in vision
-<1 day
- left side
- no characteristics of prostrating attacks * (WAY WRONG - my unit has released me from work DOZENS of times because of migraines; ER visits, etc)
- no economic inadaptability

BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO
- normal

MENTAL HEALTH
- solid 30%, but claim will change to Bipolar II

From what I've calculated, it looks like 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 0, 30. My migraines DEFINITELY should be 50% on their own, no doubt about that. Does anybody see something different?

Go to http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/vasrd.html and under the “your military disability” click the “find your condition” option. You can then search just about anything and it will give you the rating that the VA will give you. It’s a very helpful website.
Jabba, thank you for the information but I've already done that and the results are at the bottom. ;) Just looking for a second opinion in case I was being overly critical.

Jabba, thank you for the information but I've already done that and the results are at the bottom. ;) Just looking for a second opinion in case I was being overly critical.
Set back and wait. It’s the va. If you don’t like the results and you have proof of a higher rating. Fight it.