Psoriatic Arthritis and upcoming IRILO/MEB

Kbert84

Registered Member
USAF for 15 years
I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis after years or joint pain in my wrist, low back pain and now starting in my feet; nail pitting and separation, and scalp psoriasis. Rheumatologist put me on methotrexate in December and no improvement upon my follow up. I am now being started on Humira. My PCM and PEBLO office (I work in the clinic so I asked a bunch of questios already) told me that I was placed on the DAWG watch list for monitoring and once I am stable on meds the IRILO would be done. PEBLO shared experience that humira will most likely result in the IRILO coming back as Full MEB required. However, I dont have my next follow up until July so there's plenty off time for me to research and be prepared for the process.
My question is, if once I am stable (symptoms are managed and generally pain free I hope), how would I get a just rating at C&P exams? My thought is if I am symptom free I wouldn't have range of motion issues. And I dont want to bank on the process taking long enough that I'll have been on Humira for 12 months (I hear that generally gets you 60% automatically).
Just want to make sure I don't get hosed by the system and left out to dry. Not willing to stop meds for the sake of being in pain at an exam. Any advice is appreciated!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">