PT Testing after MEB (awaiting orders)

Neverending

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am STILL waiting on the SAFPC to do my grade determination (signed decision/presumptive ratings 31Aug17) and then I will have to start the waiting process over for orders (since the grade determination wasn't brought up until 15Sep).

Anyway, I have read a bunch of AFIs but I can't seem to find anything about PT testing after getting the decision and while awaiting orders. I know this may not be a big deal to some, but I would appreciate any helpful feedback.

Until you are on terminal leave, you have to comply with PT testing unless you have a profile that totally prevents PT testing.

If you have an approved retirement/separations date and you have passed a PFA within 12 months of that date, you are exempt. AFI36-2905 Para 5.2.1. If you have a medical reason to not take it, go to your provider and get a Form 469 to waiver the relevant portions of the PFA. Not like its going to hurt your career.

I’m somewhat in the same boat at the moment, have a dual sep going on and my package has been up at secaf for 3 months now. Still have to pt test and go to mando pt.

Question, what happens if you fail. What are they going to do put you out of the military?

I did end up testing, and of course it didn't go well.

They won't "kick you out" but it could result in a discharge recommendation which would start a dual action case and possibly start this SAFPC determination process all over again (adding even more time). There is also the chance of demotion since that is still an option.

Finally got word back from safpc, they dropped my MEB and are going with my honorable discharge. Which I guess is good/bad news. Took about 16 weeks to hear something back.

Had a dual action discharge one for pt fails and one for my MEB. Was rated at 30dod/90va so it had to go to safpc to determine if they wanted to discharge me or medically retire me. Email I got said they dropped the MEB and are choosing to go with the admin sep under honorable. I believe the medical retirement has more benefits than just an honorable discharge.

16 weeks for an answer? Wow! Are you planning on fighting the SAFPC decision? I would just for the retirement benefits if you do win. I mean at this point it has already been forever for you I imagine.

Decided to not fight it. I’ve been waiting long enough, with my squadron having me on 2 a day workouts for the past years I’m spent. I’ll still be able to keep my 90% Va at least. Now I’m just hoping I get my orders soon.

Decided to not fight it. I’ve been waiting long enough, with my squadron having me on 2 a day workouts for the past years I’m spent. I’ll still be able to keep my 90% Va at least. Now I’m just hoping I get my orders soon.
have you heard on your orders yet?

I'm still waiting for the SAFPC decision...It has been 14 weeks and 5 days. @Anydaynow- I am also curious about your orders. Were you able to get them?

Nah still waiting on orders. Peblo said it depends on the case managers work load and gave me an estimate of a couple of weeks

That's unfortunate your MEB got kicked to the curb. I'm kinda in the same situation. PT test due in Feb, passed my previous one in Aug however I'm going through a full MEB and should be out by April or on terminal and I don't want to hassle my PT test.

Kaezzz- I got told that unless I had orders in hand, then I had to test. Some commanders will allow you to "skip" testing if you have a separation date (and are current/passing)

I called the peb and they were very nice and gave me my index number. I signed exactly a week ago. I then called milpers and the guy said I’ll have my hard copy orders in a few days. If you signed findings at the end of Feb right now orders are dating 26FEB.