PT Testing after MEB (awaiting orders)

Neverending

Registered Member
I am STILL waiting on the SAFPC to do my grade determination (signed decision/presumptive ratings 31Aug17) and then I will have to start the waiting process over for orders (since the grade determination wasn't brought up until 15Sep).

Anyway, I have read a bunch of AFIs but I can't seem to find anything about PT testing after getting the decision and while awaiting orders. I know this may not be a big deal to some, but I would appreciate any helpful feedback.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Until you are on terminal leave, you have to comply with PT testing unless you have a profile that totally prevents PT testing.

tbone

Registered Member
If you have an approved retirement/separations date and you have passed a PFA within 12 months of that date, you are exempt. AFI36-2905 Para 5.2.1. If you have a medical reason to not take it, go to your provider and get a Form 469 to waiver the relevant portions of the PFA. Not like its going to hurt your career.

Anydaynow

Registered Member
I’m somewhat in the same boat at the moment, have a dual sep going on and my package has been up at secaf for 3 months now. Still have to pt test and go to mando pt.

Sgt zo

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Question, what happens if you fail. What are they going to do put you out of the military?

Neverending

Registered Member
I did end up testing, and of course it didn't go well.

They won't "kick you out" but it could result in a discharge recommendation which would start a dual action case and possibly start this SAFPC determination process all over again (adding even more time). There is also the chance of demotion since that is still an option.