Ptsd/ adjustment disorder

Newarkplaya1

Registered Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the group. I have been in the Army for 20 years and I'm in the process of getting meb boarded out. On my c&p exam for mental health I was coded for Chronic Ptsd and chronic adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety. My question is can you be rated for both?

dotlak

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the group. I have been in the Army for 20 years and I'm in the process of getting meb boarded out. On my c&p exam for mental health I was coded for Chronic Ptsd and chronic adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety. My question is can you be rated for both?
To avoid pyramiding, VA will lump all mental health issue together and rate it as one.

AttitudeEra

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes! :D

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Pyramiding is prohibited. You will get one rating based on social and occupational impairment if the examiner determines you meet the requirements for a MH diagnosis.