Ptsd secondary

Keya10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
if exam says ptsd secondary to childhood trauma does that mean I wont get service connected

It means you has preexisting PTSD, but as pointed out above if the service aggravated the condition it is still compensable.

How can I tell if the doc thinks its service aggravated

How can I tell if the doc thinks its service aggravated

You may want to read the notes from the C&P evaluation. Was there a particular stressor during your active duty time that you think may be related to your current symptoms?

I am having the same issue. I went through a very stressful PCS and separation from my family. Started suffering from anxiety/depression and suicide. A year later they diagnose me with PTSD from childhood trauma and chronic adjustment disorder. My doc wrote up a P3 profile and recommended the MEB. then I find out the MEB doc kicked it back saying it is EPTS and they won't start a med board. I'm trying to find out more information. But as far as I see it, no matter the childhood history, the stressor happened while in the service and therefore is service aggravated. At the very least. Let me know what happens with your situation. best of luck.