Purpose of Grade Determination?

uhwarrior

Registered Member
Does anyone have an understanding of what the purpose of the grade determination is? Does this just impact retirement pay? If found to have "served satisfactorily" in a higher grade, will the higher grade be on retirement paperwork? On the retiree ID?

My PEBLO and MPF are clueless...

Neverending

Registered Member
I know this is old and I saw you found out, but I wanted to answer for others who might need to know.

The answer is you will get paid at the "high 3" rate and all retirement paperwork will reflect the grade that you are retired at (the higher grade if that is the outcome).

JoePlasm

Registered Member
I know this is old and I saw you found out, but I wanted to answer for others who might need to know.

The answer is you will get paid at the "high 3" rate and all retirement paperwork will reflect the grade that you are retired at (the higher grade if that is the outcome).
I'm tracking how High 3 works for a normal retirement. In a MEB if you are on a sequence list, then you get separated at that rank since you would have attained it had it not been for your MEB.

Does this affect High 3, or only your post service ID card? If it does affect High 3, do you get all 3 years of the new rank since you would have been able to had it not been for the condition? Or Just like normal retirement the prorate of those few months at the higher grade?

gsfowler

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Does not affect you high 3, The promotion is ceremonial only. It will reflect on your ID card as the highest rank obtained. High 3 is also known as your "retired pay base" which is the average of your top three years of pay.