QTC PTSD diagnosis

Jumpmaster2015

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just had my psych QTC appointment, and the doctor concurs with the Army referred condition of PTSD. He also added alcohol abuse.

He said that PTSD is impacting all aspects of my life. What does this mean as far as ratings are concerned? Does the alcohol diagnosis change anything?

You'll have to get ahold of your actual PTSD disability benefits questionnaire (DBQ). You can either walk into your local CA clinic and ask for a copy of all your records or register for a premium account on myhealthevet and download all notes via the blue button.

Once you have done either method, look specifically at block 4.a of the PTSD DBQ and tell us here what the occupational and social impairment statement is. From there we will enable to tell you what percentage you'll get.

what does it mean when exam says ptsd secondary to childhood sexual, emotional and physical abuse... does this mean he's trying to say it's not service aggravated

what does it mean when exam says ptsd secondary to childhood sexual, emotional and physical abuse... does this mean he's trying to say it's not service aggravated

Not necessarily, how long have you been in the military?

Not necessarily, how long have you been in the military?
Not long almost 3 yrs but my child hood abuse has nothing to do with my ptsd I am fine when it comes to that I don't have nightmares, can't sleep, paranoid or can't even step foot on a ship again because of that it's my fall that has me all messed up

I think the note is an aside that is interesting to professionals but will have little bearing on your MEB/PEB.

Not long almost 3 yrs but my child hood abuse has nothing to do with my ptsd I am fine when it comes to that I don't have nightmares, can't sleep, paranoid or can't even step foot on a ship again because of that it's my fall that has me all messed up

Three years is enough, if you were in less than six months, they may have looked for condition not a disability or entry level separation.

I agree with @chaplaincharlie should have no bearing on your MEB/PEB

Three years is enough, if you were in less than six months, they may have looked for condition not a disability or entry level separation.

I agree with @chaplaincharlie should have no bearing on your MEB/PEB
Ok good because that has been worrying me for weeks and nobody wanted to give me a clear answer