Question on how AFPC determines Retirement date??

Ben&Dee

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Do they do the 90 days that i hear about? Just confused?

Thanks in advance!

They want you to be completely out within 90 days (or less) from the time your PEB is complete and results returned. So, they will calculate final out processing time, your leave balance and any PTDY to determine your retirement date. The more leave you have, the further out your retirement date will be, but not to exceed the 90 day guidance. Obviously, any appeal actions will postpone a retirement/separation date.

when i signed my 356 I told my PEBLO that i didnt know the exact amount of leave i had, and he told me not to worry about it and leave it blank.. umm i'm starting to think something is wrong here.. what will AFPC do if its the PTDY and leave lines are blank??

They usually do 60 days out if you have less than 30 days of leave, 90 if you have more. I got my orders exactly 3 weeks after everything was signed and done. Was given 60 days, as I had 21 days of leave. Couldn't even use them, between my outprocessing, Taps, and Permissive TDY.

when i signed my 356 I told my PEBLO that i didnt know the exact amount of leave i had, and he told me not to worry about it and leave it blank.. umm i'm starting to think something is wrong here.. what will AFPC do if its the PTDY and leave lines are blank??

For PTDY, your CC has to complete the authorization form. That will get turned in when you final out your MPF and will be utilized (along with your leave balance) to determine your retirement date.

For PTDY, your CC has to complete the authorization form. That will get turned in when you final out your MPF and will be utilized (along with your leave balance) to determine your retirement date.

I had to route my own PTDY up my chain to the CC sec, who didn't even want to give it to him. She kept insisting that I was seperating and not retiring, because it was medical and I did not have 20 years in. You should do it yourself if you want it done right. I got finance and MPF and sep/ret to call her and tell her she was incorrect. I finally had to get AFPC on the line, on speaker with myself and my flight chief, tell her she was wrong, what reg to look at ( which I already printed out and I had in hand) before she would get the signature I needed.

They do not determine your retirement date.

That was made by AFPC and on my orders already. They check to see how much leave you have. They want you out ASAP. I was told because they do not want to pay someone or let someone aquire more leave that is broken, not retainable and cannot fully do their job.

I filed for an extension of my retirement date through my PEBLO and AFPC, so I could use all my leave as terminal. It was denied. Their justification was that it was a waste of air force monies to allow me to stay in any longer.

So I lost 21 days of BAH, BAS. I could not give my apartment 30 days notice of move out- because the commanders secretary kept denying my permissive, so I couldn't tell them ahead of time, because I couldn't risk being homeless if it was denied. Had to pay an extra month of rent(which I did not get BAH for, on top of losing BAH through my denied terminal leave), because when I finally could give my 30 days notice, it landed on the 4th. And Minot has a law that you have to pay the full month and they do not pro-rate it. ANd this fell on the month I did not get paid at all- For Dod retirement, you have to wait 30 days , and get paid on the 1st of the month, after the 30 days, for the previous month.

So I basically started my new retirement as a hardship. Great send off huh? They don't take care of you or have your back anymore when you are broken.

My situation was a bit unique in that I worked for the WG/CC, so I was able to go VFR direct to the Gen rather than going through his secretary. But, I agree, do everything possible yourself in this process for best results.

Double check this. Im on pretty much the same timeline as you are. I just called AFPC and they said my orders have not been processed yet because the PEBLO did not provide my leave i have left to them. I have been waiting now for 3 weeks for orders. Almost every single step in the process my PEBLO has left something out and things have been held up. Hopefully i hear something next week.

So when you called AFPC did you provide them the leave? and what number did you call?

I received my Orders today.. 27 June 13 is my last day!!

I called that number you gave me and the guy told me my retirement date and said that i should have orders already. So i went in to my PEBLOs office and i asked why i haven't received orders yet. She seemed confused and said that she received them last week.. I was like WTF i called you yesterday.. but yeah glad that part is over..

I called that number you gave me and the guy told me my retirement date and said that i should have orders already. So i went in to my PEBLOs office and i asked why i haven't received orders yet. She seemed confused and said that she received them last week.. I was like WTF i called you yesterday.. but yeah glad that part is over..

I was told on Friday 19 Apr that it would be about 2-3 weeks for my orders to be cut. How long did it take for you? Also, how much leave did they let you take, I have 85.5 days. From what I am reading in this thread they will prolly make me sell a lot back... :( Were you forced to sell any back?

I only have 13 days and with 30 days PTDY i'm taking a total of 43 days terminal.. all you do is count back from your retirement day..

That's exciting that they let you get out so quick. I can't wait to get my 356 then orders...