Question on MEB timeframe

ben41

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So I have 2 C&P exams this month, the last one is on the 22nd. What is the timeframe left to find out a fit/unfit decision? I am worried that my PCM will take his time updating the NARSUM with the VA results, anyone have any experience with this? Also, I have read that it is possible to request a DOS if found unfit is that true? Just trying to plan for job hunting timeframe if I do get found unfit by the IPEB. Thank you in advance!

So I have 2 C&P exams this month, the last one is on the 22nd. What is the timeframe left to find out a fit/unfit decision? I am worried that my PCM will take his time updating the NARSUM with the VA results, anyone have any experience with this? Also, I have read that it is possible to request a DOS if found unfit is that true? Just trying to plan for job hunting timeframe if I do get found unfit by the IPEB. Thank you in advance!
It varies. You will get (or you should) to review your MEB package prior to it being sent to AFPC. If you concur with the findings it should take 3-4 weeks for AFPC to make a decision. If it's unfit, they will send it off to the VA for ratings at which point varies greatly on timeline.

Your PCM doesn't update your NARSUM w/ VA results. My PCM took 2 months to finally write my NARSUM...and that was only after suggesting I get my supervision involved. As far as requesting a DOS...you won't really get that "option" until after you find out your unfit, what % you're receiving, and after you've signed (DA199?)saying your good w/ those ratings. I think once you sign that you'll be able to pick a date.

It varies. You will get (or you should) to review your MEB package prior to it being sent to AFPC. If you concur with the findings it should take 3-4 weeks for AFPC to make a decision. If it's unfit, they will send it off to the VA for ratings at which point varies greatly on timeline.

Cool, thank you for the info! It is stressful trying to plan for both possible results and knowing whichever the result will help relieve my stress.

Your PCM doesn't update your NARSUM w/ VA results. My PCM took 2 months to finally write my NARSUM...and that was only after suggesting I get my supervision involved. As far as requesting a DOS...you won't really get that "option" until after you find out your unfit, what % you're receiving, and after you've signed (DA199?)saying your good w/ those ratings. I think once you sign that you'll be able to pick a date.

Cool thanks! This process is confusing in the least so I appreciate the help!

My initial narsum took a little over a month for my doctors to write. Lesson learned! Once my c and p exams are done I'm letting my shirt know I'm awaiting the narsum. They just will not get stuff done unless being reminded it seems. People hate paperwork haha.