Questions about the PEB and My ExtendedTimeline

FustratedGreg

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been a long time viewer of this Forum but have not posted until now. I have no idea what else to do.

19 May 2017- I was referred to the Medical Board Process at an Air Force MTF.
28 Jun 2017- The AF compiled my NARSUM, NMA, and the rest of my medical board package and sent it to the closest Navy Medical Board Office
19 Jul 2017- The AF resent my packet to the Navy Medical Board Office (after I called the Navy Medical Board Office and they did not have any record of my case).
19 Jul 2017- Message went out offically starting the IDES process
28 Aug 2017- Referred over to the VA side for Claim Development
5 Oct 2017- All Medical Appointments with the VA were completed
Nov- PEBLO stated that my NARSUM was outdated and she would have to get another
Dec- Unable to reach PEBLO
Jan- Finally reached PEBLO, and my NMA was expired and had to be resubmitted (By my new CO who wanted to fully understand everything before a recommendation was made on my new NMA)
End of Jan- NMA resubmitted.
Feb- PEBLO requested an additional updated NARSUM from my Dr
21 Feb 2018- Finally was able to sign the form to acknowledge the MEB's decision to refer me to the PEB (which was required due to my medical condition)
And as of 6 Mar 2018 my file still has not been sent off to the PEB.

I have seen several timelines that started later and are already complete. Has anyone else been running into issues where the PEBLO is over three months behind the IDES timeline? (28 Nov was PEBLO's goal date to get my Package off to PEB per the IDES timeline)

Additionally, how long has it been taking people to get a decision back from PEB with a VA rating? And are you supposed to be notified of any sub-steps along the way? Last I heard from my PEBLO, they have upto 120 days, and she wont know anything until the final ratings are released by the PEB. This contradicts what I am seeing posted on here, where there are some updates along the way.

I am hoping that once my package is sent off and out of my PEBLO's hands, it will move along at a normal pace and that I don't have any more of these 3 month delays thrown in.

Not sure how helpful this might be, but maybe posting under your thread will bump it and help you get a better answer. Regardless, Below is my timeline as of today. PEB allegedly received my package from the VA the 2nd of February.

07AUG17 MEB paperwork submitted
22AUG17 PEBLO Meeting
23OCT17 MSC Appt
02NOV-07DEC C&P Exams
20DEC17 NARSUM Signed
12JAN18 Checked Ebenefits - Pending Decision Approval
09FEB18 Checked Ebenefits - Gathering evidence, One historical case
12FEB18 Emailed PEBLO for status update, she quite irritatedly told me to be patient.
14MAR18 NOTHING NEW!!! (I'm not patient at all.)

Not sure how helpful this might be, but maybe posting under your thread will bump it and help you get a better answer. Regardless, Below is my timeline as of today. PEB allegedly received my package from the VA the 2nd of February.

07AUG17 MEB paperwork submitted
22AUG17 PEBLO Meeting
23OCT17 MSC Appt
02NOV-07DEC C&P Exams
20DEC17 NARSUM Signed
12JAN18 Checked Ebenefits - Pending Decision Approval
09FEB18 Checked Ebenefits - Gathering evidence, One historical case
12FEB18 Emailed PEBLO for status update, she quite irritatedly told me to be patient.
14MAR18 NOTHING NEW!!! (I'm not patient at all.)

I feel your pain. My package was submitted to the VA on Feb 16th, I called PEB (202)685-6422 and I was told it should take 2 - 4 weeks to get ratings back from the VA then another 2 - 4 weeks for PEB Q&A and final decision. This is frustrating process just hang in there. You should be getting your final ratings anytime now.

I feel your pain. My package was submitted to the VA on Feb 16th, I called PEB (202)685-6422 and I was told it should take 2 - 4 weeks to get ratings back from the VA then another 2 - 4 weeks for PEB Q&A and final decision. This is frustrating process just hang in there. You should be getting your final ratings anytime now.
I just (like 30 min ago) called the PEB at (202)658-6419, and they told me it was forwarded to my PEBLO today! So I should be hearing back by the end of the week!!!

Hey Berazil, Just got my findings today! UNFIT, 20%DoD, 100%VA.

Good deal. Congrats on your findings. How do you feel about it?

I figured it'd be UNFIT, so no surprises there; I've been preparing for this for the last 7-8 months. Partially bummed that I don't get the retirement status, but I've got a great job waiting for me, so if I file for a FPEB, it might take so long that I'd lose that job opportunity. This job opportunity has better healthcare options anyways so really I'd only be missing out on commissary/PX benefits. The VA rating caught me by surprise. I knew I'd be rated highly due to the severity of my condition, I just had never looked at the ratings requirements before, so I hadn't expected that high. Pleasantly surprised, but of course I'd like to be better more than I'd like to be compensated for being jacked up. So here's hoping that five to ten years down the road my ratings will reflect a healthier me!