Questions of my Entitlements

Cforette

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I recently received my ratings. 20% army 70% VA. I want to know if i will be covered medically from the VA. Perscription wise im on Vicodin and Lorazapam. I recently asked my doctor if i could get a letter for a civilan doctor summerizing my medications so i dont have to explain my self prove injurys and come off like a junky. My Army Provider said i would be seeing a VA doctor for all my medications and such but no further information was provided and my peblo is really clueless. so basically will i been provided with a VA doctor for perscriptions following my discharge and if so how can i start the process and how long does it usually take from seperation date to see the VA provider... my spelling stinks i no thanks for all your time

I recently received my ratings. 20% army 70% VA. I want to know if i will be covered medically from the VA. Perscription wise im on Vicodin and Lorazapam. I recently asked my doctor if i could get a letter for a civilan doctor summerizing my medications so i dont have to explain my self prove injurys and come off like a junky. My Army Provider said i would be seeing a VA doctor for all my medications and such but no further information was provided and my peblo is really clueless. so basically will i been provided with a VA doctor for perscriptions following my discharge and if so how can i start the process and how long does it usually take from seperation date to see the VA provider... my spelling stinks i no thanks for all your time

Once you get final ratings (a few months after terminal leave ends) you will qualify for 100% care from the VA. You can see the VA as soon as you go out on terminal leave, but you may have a copay until final ratings are in.

As far as your meds, you will meet your PCM when you get into the VA system. You will have to explain what each drug is for, and why you need it. If you have doctors records indicating long term use of vicoden for pain relief, bring them, as it will help. There is no way around this. You will probably also be required to drug test as part of a yearly pain medication agreement.

All of this is simple, and designed to keep people who have a problem from getting narcotics. If you don't have an issue, you will be fine. It is just something that is watched close.

Not taking terminal leave only have 1 day cuz I took it all whem my second kid was born I have my transproc brief tomorrow and picking the soonest date theyll let me chose

Not taking terminal leave only have 1 day cuz I took it all whem my second kid was born I have my transproc brief tomorrow and picking the soonest date theyll let me chose

Find out where the nearest Regional VA Hospital is. Find out who the OIF/OEF Coordinator is and give them a call. They can get you in usually right after you start terminal leave. Getting in contact with this person is your best option to have a smooth transition to the VA.

someone correct me if I am wrong, but why not continue to use your 6 mos of tricare benefit to keep seeing your doc until the VA kicks in? Have I missed something that is different with severance vs regular getting out at the end of an enlistment etc?

someone correct me if I am wrong, but why not continue to use your 6 mos of tricare benefit to keep seeing your doc until the VA kicks in? Have I missed something that is different with severance vs regular getting out at the end of an enlistment etc?

Your advice is sound!, but getting set up with VA care is also very important. The earlier, the better. The TAMP is a great thing for SMs that only get severance.

Oh no doubt that setting up the va is critical but to ensure continuation of care and medication