Questions on what not to forget.

Robert Dumesnil

PEB Forum Regular Member
I'm not to sure if there is anything out there to help, but I am quite sure that there are individuals out there that would know. I am trying to figure out things to do so that when the orders come in, that I don't forget something to do in that short 10 day window to clear. Just a few things that I can think of are:

Ensure to transfer G.I. Bill to family
Pass a working copy of the DD214 to the DAV for the VOC REHAB program
Stop by Tricare and decide on Tricare Prime vs. Standard
Stop by the Retirement office to fill out the retirement paperwork for continued Benifits

I'm sure that there are about a hundred more out there to do but I can't think of them nor have I had a Breifing on them. They tell you to do ACAP prior to starting the MEB and the things that you forget is amazing and the is furthure exasterbated when you have memory problems anyhow.

I guess that I am wondering if there is anything out there for medically retireing/ retireing as there is for inprocessing / PCSing.

Transfer at least 1% GI Bill
All DD-214's
Prime vs Standard can be changed anytime
Get a new retired ID
Get copy of military records you don't have

I do not know what state you live in, but look at your county tax break for being a disabled vet. Here in Texas, 100% VA rating means I will pay NO property taxes. Call your tax appraisal office NOW and see what your options are, because I am considered a disabled person, but not a disabled vet yet (I do not have my ratings).
However, I DID get a tax refund from last year due to the SSDI backdating my disability.

Draco

myarmybenefits.us.army.mil under the benefits library locate your state for what programs are available. Majority of them you must apply for and the links for assistance are located at the bottom.

Back