RAF Lakenheath (detailed) Timeline so far...

So per the AFPC Disabilities office, the official word is that the order processing system was, in fact, down for 4 days last week. It is back up now. This did create a backlog and many people should start seeing retirement orders sent to their PEBLO in the coming week. They stated that my particular case/orders should be complete NLT that COB 13 OCT (tomorrow). We shall see.
I called AFPC again this morning and they assured me that my orders would be done today and in vMPF. The guy I talked to on the phone even put the name of the person at separations who said they would do it today in the notes for the call. I have called a few times this week and the people I have talked to haven't been annoyed haha.

Like how did you phrase the question (since I don't know which office you spoke with)? I wonder when mine will be done...

Not sure...I called 18005250102

Yes. Thats the Total Force Service Center. They are like the liaison between you and AFPC specific offices. They contact the AFPC office for you and get you info/statuses. They would be polite since they are a customer service based entity.

We called them too, but also straight up to the actual AFPC Disability Office (bypassing the Total Force Service Center). Disclaimer: You should probably not try that. The AFPC Disability Office is the office that you should not call as an individual and they would probably not welcome a call from a leader at squadron level either. We are the MPS though, so we had a little leeway to give it a shot. That is how/why we called up to the top.

Yeah I wasn't going to call the other office...I have a friend that works down the hall that I use if the Total Forces Service Center cant answer my questions.
Zero,
I just called and told them my separation date and asked if they had any insight into how long it would be for my orders to be completed since I needed them soon. They always place me on hold and call the other office and ask them where my orders are at.

Yeah I wasn't going to call the other office...I have a friend that works down the hall that I use if the Total Forces Service Center cant answer my questions.
Zero,
I just called and told them my separation date and asked if they had any insight into how long it would be for my orders to be completed since I needed them soon. They always place me on hold and call the other office and ask them where my orders are at.

Ok so now I'm a little confused. I don't have a separation date... I'm assuming that you have one because of your ETS? Also, I see people saying that they signed their AF 356... but I only signed an 1180. My 356 was just the FPEB results...did I miss something?

Ok so now I'm a little confused. I don't have a separation date... I'm assuming that you have one because of your ETS? Also, I see people saying that they signed their AF 356... but I only signed an 1180. My 356 was just the FPEB results...did I miss something?
I requested a separation date (Just like you on the 356) and they approved the separation date, which shows up on vMPF. You arent going to know about the separation date until you look in vMPF and then you can look for it in a few different places. I looked at my CDB and it was in there...

I requested a separation date (Just like you on the 356) and they approved the separation date, which shows up on vMPF. You arent going to know about the separation date until you look in vMPF and then you can look for it in a few different places. I looked at my CDB and it was in there...

Yeah I don't have a Sep date anywhere in virtual or AMS... and I only signed an 1180, not the 356. I hope I haven't missed a step in this process that will cause another delay...

Yeah I don't have a Sep date anywhere in virtual or AMS... and I only signed an 1180, not the 356. I hope I haven't missed a step in this process that will cause another delay...
You already have your ratings? Did you already request a separation date?

You already have your ratings? Did you already request a separation date?

Yes, I received my VA proposed ratings with my IPEB, and got my DoD rating from the FPEB. I have not selected a separation date because my PEBLO said those are automatically generated by the case manager when they do your orders, unless you request a separation date for 30 days or less.

Yes, I received my VA proposed ratings with my IPEB, and got my DoD rating from the FPEB. I have not selected a separation date because my PEBLO said those are automatically generated by the case manager when they do your orders, unless you request a separation date for 30 days or less.
Are you being retired? I selected my proposed separation date when I signed for my ratings with my PEBLO and it was over 30 days out. Not sure why you wouldnt have.

Are you being retired? I selected my proposed separation date when I signed for my ratings with my PEBLO and it was over 30 days out. Not sure why you wouldnt have.

Yes, I am being medically retired (DoD 30%). When you sign for your ratings... is this done on a form 1180 or 356? I don't even see a spot for that on the 356, just 1180. Signing for ratings means your VA ratings are definite and not proposed anymore? Man, my PEBLO sure didn't explain this very well...

Yes, I am being medically retired (DoD 30%). When you sign for your ratings... is this done on a form 1180 or 356? I don't even see a spot for that on the 356, just 1180. Signing for ratings means your VA ratings are definite and not proposed anymore? Man, my PEBLO sure didn't explain this very well...
Maybe the orders are done differently with retired than separated...I dont know that process. I think it was done on the 356...The ratings are final until you are out of the military completely. Mine didnt either...I have learned more here and talking to other people than I have from my PEBLO.

Yeah, it might be different for retirees. Thank you for the info.

Maybe the orders are done differently with retired than separated...I dont know that process. I think it was done on the 356...The ratings are final until you are out of the military completely. Mine didnt either...I have learned more here and talking to other people than I have from my PEBLO.

I think I'm going to call Tuesday afternoon if I don't hear anything by COB Monday... getting annoyed.

I got my orders this afternoon! Going to final out tomorrow and be done!

Wow congrats!! I just called the total force service center, they said that status updates are usually supposed to go through the PEBLO, so she made a ticket to show that I called for an orders update (presumably to get me in trouble). She also mentioned CMS is down. FML

Called the TFSC again and the agent said that my retirement hasn't even been approved yet so they haven't started working on my orders... so does that mean my retirement is not even in the works yet? Is there a missing step after the FPEB and before the orders that I missed??

I really think I'm missing some sort of step here. I never signed an AF 356... in fact, there is no signature block on it at all. I see everyone saying they signed for theirs etc., but I am worried my PEBLO missed a step and that is the reason for a hold up. Very confused right now.

I really think I'm missing some sort of step here. I never signed an AF 356... in fact, there is no signature block on it at all. I see everyone saying they signed for theirs etc., but I am worried my PEBLO missed a step and that is the reason for a hold up. Very confused right now.

It does not sound like you've missed a step. Everything sounds correct.

The AF1180 is what you should have signed. The AF356 is signed by the PEB President/Rep. It should have already been signed when your PEBLO showed it to you. All medical retirements must be formally approved after you sign the AF1180. That is standard practice. Once AFPC formally approves your retirement they will assign a retirement date to you (based off of your PTDY & Terminal estimates plus 30 days for out-processing). Then the team that cuts orders for medical retirees will begin to cut your orders. When they cut them is dependent on your Retirement date.

There were some system outages at the AFPC Disability Office for 4 days last week, so that may have also contributed to the delay and current backlog. All systems are now back up (for now), and processing should continue as normal once they fully catch-up.

I just got my retirement orders. My retirement date is 28 DEC 2017!