Rant!

HealthisWealth

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok not really, but I just wanted to share what I am going through now. I plan to update you guys along my process to possibly help some people. I am currently going through the PDA phase. It's been 35 days since I signed my 199(I know most have been way longer) my PEBLO said hey it's going to be a wait(which I expected) he said it's going to be at least 45 days before I hear anything. I must say I've been patient throughout this whole process I started in October 2016 but I am READY to go!!! Lol I plan to wait until next month to make any calls. I called the PDA last week and they said my case is still at the PEB level. Before I begin to nag, what have some of you guys done to help move along? I'm enjoying these paychecks but I'm (like everyone else) is ready to close this chapter! Thanks guys!

Totally feel you.

Just waiting on my VARR to get completed, and then Its going to be ready, set, go for my out-processing. I have like 75% of my out-processing ready to close on day 1.

Totally feel you.

Just waiting on my VARR to get completed, and then Its going to be ready, set, go for my out-processing. I have like 75% of my out-processing ready to close on day 1.
Lol same here! SLF-TAP is done. CIF is done. Got my award. Got my NCOER. Will be smooth sailing once I get them orders lol

Lol same here! SLF-TAP is done. CIF is done. Got my award. Got my NCOER. Will be smooth sailing once I get them orders lol

I still need to do TAP, but I've gone to the required briefings and I have a job offer (ok, I hired myself at my own business, but its still a job offer).

Lucky you. My NCOER is 8 months delinquent and I doubt I'll see it or the final one. My unit wrote me off the minute I went into the process, so no award or anything else for me. I did manage to get promoted before I was found unfit, so I have that going for me. That really pissed off some people...lol

Lucky you. My NCOER is 8 months delinquent and I doubt I'll see it or the final one. My unit wrote me off the minute I went into the process, so no award or anything else for me. I did manage to get promoted before I was found unfit, so I have that going for me. That really pissed off some people...lol
Lol wow!! They have to give you an award tho and the NCOER in order to clear. Isn't it funny how now we are considered dirt bags? If they wanna write us off then let me stay home so I can focus on my future instead of being around all that negativity. Lol

@HealthisWealth,

I understand the frustration with timeframes and resolution of your case. (But, it cuts both ways...sometimes the better result turns on longer time in the process).

Ok not really, but I just wanted to share what I am going through now. I plan to update you guys along my process to possibly help some people. I am currently going through the PDA phase. It's been 35 days since I signed my 199(I know most have been way longer) my PEBLO said hey it's going to be a wait(which I expected) he said it's going to be at least 45 days before I hear anything. I must say I've been patient throughout this whole process I started in October 2016 but I am READY to go!!!

Hard to tell much based on the above. Was the 199 at the IPEB level? The FPEB level? Did you agree with the findings?

35 days is really not that long historically.

Lol I plan to wait until next month to make any calls. I called the PDA last week and they said my case is still at the PEB level. Before I begin to nag, what have some of you guys done to help move along?

Can't really offer much as to "moving cases along." I mean, agreeing with findings and not appealing generally speeds things, but I have no idea what you elected on the DA 199, what your goals are and if there are any other factors.

Calling, complaining, raising hell is only sometimes effective (and can actually slow things down). Don't really know enough about your situation to weigh in on this. Just be aware of taking actions that work against your purposes/goals.

Hope all goes well for you! Best of luck!

@HealthisWealth,

I understand the frustration with timeframes and resolution of your case. (But, it cuts both ways...sometimes the better result turns on longer time in the process).

Hard to tell much based on the above. Was the 199 at the IPEB level? The FPEB level? Did you agree with the findings?

35 days is really not that long historically.

Can't really offer much as to "moving cases along." I mean, agreeing with findings and not appealing generally speeds things, but I have no idea what you elected on the DA 199, what your goals are and if there are any other factors.

Calling, complaining, raising hell is only sometimes effective (and can actually slow things down). Don't really know enough about your situation to weigh in on this. Just be aware of taking actions that work against your purposes/goals.

Hope all goes well for you! Best of luck!
Thanks! I'm actually at the end. I got my results 100% VA 80% DOD permanent retired! :) I agreed to everything (I'm in the best case scenario) No I'm excited and understand it could take a while. That doesn't change the fact I'm ready to leave lol. I don't want to be the one to nag but if need be I'll make a call to check the status but I don't want to make calls right away that's why I said I would wait until next month to call. I wanted to know what others have done in this part of the process. It now seems that this part can take the longest which is waiting for orders. I start school in August and it would be nice to at least be on leave by then. If not, I'll work something out with my unit. I'm still getting a paycheck so I am very happy about that as well. I always say it can always be worse! The name of the title was "Rant" to gain some attention cuz it seems if your post is positive no one really respond but I'm no where near a complainer. My PEBLO tells me all the time I'm always a pleasure to talk to because I'm understanding. Thanks for your response Jason!!!!

Thanks! I'm actually at the end. I got my results 100% VA 80% DOD permanent retired! :) I agreed to everything (I'm in the best case scenario) No I'm excited and understand it could take a while. That doesn't change the fact I'm ready to leave lol. I don't want to be the one to nag but if need be I'll make a call to check the status but I don't want to make calls right away that's why I said I would wait until next month to call. I wanted to know what others have done in this part of the process. It now seems that this part can take the longest which is waiting for orders. I start school in August and it would be nice to at least be on leave by then. If not, I'll work something out with my unit. I'm still getting a paycheck so I am very happy about that as well. I always say it can always be worse! The name of the title was "Rant" to gain some attention cuz it seems if your post is positive no one really respond but I'm no where near a complainer. My PEBLO tells me all the time I'm always a pleasure to talk to because I'm understanding. Thanks for your response Jason!!!!

Well, first, Congratulations on the retirement findings!

On the issuance of orders point, probably not much you can do to speed that along. It takes time for the various folks to do their part and to execute the necessary steps to issue orders. On the other hand, it might be possible to speed things locally so that once you get orders you can be out sooner rather than later. Most installations/bases/posts have checklists to complete before you can "sign out." (Things like clearing housing/CIF/base library, getting a copy of your records, clearing transportation, dental, etc., etc.) Some events/blocks you can't clear without orders. But, I have seen instances where folks could get their clearance papers based on PEB findings and the command issuing clearance papers. Maybe you can try to clear early. Maybe you will just need to wait. Either way, best of luck in retirement and whatever comes next for you!

Well, first, Congratulations on the retirement findings!

On the issuance of orders point, probably not much you can do to speed that along. It takes time for the various folks to do their part and to execute the necessary steps to issue orders. On the other hand, it might be possible to speed things locally so that once you get orders you can be out sooner rather than later. Most installations/bases/posts have checklists to complete before you can "sign out." (Things like clearing housing/CIF/base library, getting a copy of your records, clearing transportation, dental, etc., etc.) Some events/blocks you can't clear without orders. But, I have seen instances where folks could get their clearance papers based on PEB findings and the command issuing clearance papers. Maybe you can try to clear early. Maybe you will just need to wait. Either way, best of luck in retirement and whatever comes next for you!
Thank you sooooo much!!! I really appreciate that advice. This really helps me a ton!!

Lol wow!! They have to give you an award tho and the NCOER in order to clear. Isn't it funny how now we are considered dirt bags? If they wanna write us off then let me stay home so I can focus on my future instead of being around all that negativity. Lol
do you really need an ncoer to clear?!

Congratulations on your retirement!

do you really need an ncoer to clear?!

If you are a NCO then yes you are required to have a complete the record (or if you have had a annual within 90 days) NCOER to final out.

Anyone else just really frustrated?

I was cool, calm, and collected during the steps all before the VARR.

Now that my package it back at the VARR I'm just impatiently waiting for the results.

It could be because I just want to be done or it could be that its the 15K difference in pay a year.

When you request a VARR does that delay you getting out, since you are appealing the VA's % not necessarily the DOD % which you are being retired/separated for ?

The VARR is appealing the DoD decision.

The DoD must accept the VA ratings for your conditions.

Your VARR is only for your Category I (unfitting) conditions.

So yes, the VARR does delay your getting out.

Oh that makes sense now, I was thinking that a VARR gave u the ability to appeal your other claims