RATINGS AFTER TWO WEEKS - WEIRD, OR NORMAL?

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
HELLO! i posted here a few times and got little responses [thank you to those that did take the time to respond]

my husband started the medboard process in late october and his paperwork was sent to DC 2-3 weeks ago. he got the phone call this morning that his ratings/findings are in, and he has a meeting set up for 10am tomorrow to find what those ratings are.

my question: is this normal? i see so many here posting about months and months of worry and wait. 2-3 weeks seems very fast.

he is being medboarded for chronic migraines that are only treatable with botox. his VA paperwork includes items such as the migraines, back issues, planters fasciatis [sp], blood pressure issues as well as sleep apnea with a machine

HELLO! i posted here a few times and got little responses [thank you to those that did take the time to respond]

my husband started the medboard process in late october and his paperwork was sent to DC 2-3 weeks ago. he got the phone call this morning that his ratings/findings are in, and he has a meeting set up for 10am tomorrow to find what those ratings are.

my question: is this normal? i see so many here posting about months and months of worry and wait. 2-3 weeks seems very fast.

he is being medboarded for chronic migraines that are only treatable with botox. his VA paperwork includes items such as the migraines, back issues, planters fasciatis [sp], blood pressure issues as well as sleep apnea with a machine
No that’s actually the time frame it’s supposed to be done .. i signed my findings January 18th came down on transproc January 29th and will be out February 23rd

you got your ratings/findings 2-3 weeks after the paperwork was sent out then?

thanks for the information! hoping he has both DOD and VA ratings tomorrow

The fit finding significantly shortened the process.
Best wishes
Mike

yes it did - now to see if anyone can help me with the contesting - experiences by others, etc

If you don't mind me asking. What is your husband's job? That might have played a role in their decision. I had a good friend he was found fit because they stated he can still do the job even with his disabilities. I wish your husband the best it won't be a easy fighg

If you don't mind me asking. What is your husband's job? That might have played a role in their decision. I had a good friend he was found fit because they stated he can still do the job even with his disabilities. I wish your husband the best it

If you don't mind me asking. What is your husband's job? That might have played a role in their decision. I had a good friend he was found fit because they stated he can still do the job even with his disabilities. I wish your husband the best it won't be a easy fighg

my husband is an IT and is being medboarded for chronic, severe, migraines. his list for claims with the VA is pretty intense as well. all of his documents state that he is unfit for his position due to him missing out on so much work, ER visits, doctor visits, etc. his treatment [botox] is unavailable on a ship, so he is not deployable, either. which was also stated in his paperwork as well.

his chief "made a mistake" and inserted his latest eval under where the DOD asked for his statement regarding migraines. he misread what they were asking for. so instead of telling them what the migraines has done to his work performance, he instead talked him up in an eval. the command is trying to remedy this by tomorrow.

This is just anecdotal, but, there seems to be a lot of adverse findings, above the norm, coming out of the Navy PEB process over the past several months.

What is your husband's grade and years of service?

i have been reading that on the forums, too.

he is an IT [first class] in the navy. eight and a half years of service.

he is an IT [first class] in the navy. eight and a half years of service.

Okay...reason I asked is, if he was close to 20 years, a fit finding might have been a preferable outcome. Based on where he is career-wise, my concerns were implicated. The good news is that he has nothing to lose by challenging the findings. As an aside, a Formal hearing is not guaranteed after a fit finding.

Hope all goes well for your husband!