Received a Decision, now what? Still waiting for instructions.

Jessicajoy7

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
In mid Feb, I received my letter with their decision to convert my separation to a retirement and to contact AFPC for survivor’s benefits brief.

To date, I have received nothing else. No further instructions or feedback. I’ve emailed [email protected]
multiple times without a response. Scratch that, they gave me a response that they would have someone contact me. I’m still waiting.

The board decision was made in Aug 2017, and I was notified in Feb 2018, yet I seem to be far from a place where me and my family have access to my retiree benefits of which the board said I should have been entitled to for the last 13 years.

Any ideas folks?

I feel your pain. I was notified of my retirement in January and I still haven't received any other documentation. The only thing I have been able to do is my SBP briefing. You have to call 210-565-2273 and speak to a Ms. Adams. She's really hard to get ahold of because the number doesn't let you leave a voicemail. Her email address is [email protected]. She will then tell you that she has to wait for the Airforce to send her your paperwork and then she will call you to schedule the SBP briefing at the nearest base. That's all I've got. Good luck!

Does anyone know of the next step after Ms Adam (who is so rude at times) where does my case go afterwards? I did the SBP briefing over a month ago.

Does anyone know of the next step after Ms Adam (who is so rude at times) where does my case go afterwards? I did the SBP briefing over a month ago.

I spoke to her a couple of times... I concur, she was rude. One thing to point out, she repeatedly estimated my SBP premium to be 6% but the regulation says if you're retirement is a disability retirement the formula is different. Because I was only in for a few years my "estimated benefit" was lower than the threshold so my premium is 2.5%. That's a big difference! The local SBP counselor and Ms. Adam got upset when I questioned it. In the end, Ms. Adam confirmed the 2.5% premium but said she quotes the higher amount since the "estimated benefit" is just an estimate. That makes NO sense. The premium is what I care about... just like interest rates... the rate is what's important so you can make informed decisions.

Sorry, I still don't know what's next. I'm waiting too.

I'd like to know what's next too. It's been over a month since my SBP briefing as well. I emailed the pdbr for an update but didn't get a response.

How are y'all getting a SBP briefing? I haven't had one yet and been through IDES...package at SAFPC.

This was the response that I got from emailing the PDBR. Not very helpful but I guess it's something:

We have received your SBP acknowledgement and are waiting on your Retirement orders and DDF 214. Once we receive them we will email them to you.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review

Try calling
AFW2 Program
Mailing Address

• HQ AFPC/DPFW
  • ATTN: AFW2
  • 550 C St. West, Ste. 37
  • JBSA Randolph TX
  • 78150-4739

This was the response that I got from emailing the PDBR. Not very helpful but I guess it's something:

We have received your SBP acknowledgement and are waiting on your Retirement orders and DDF 214. Once we receive them we will email them to you.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review
I spoke to her a couple of times... I concur, she was rude. One thing to point out, she repeatedly estimated my SBP premium to be 6% but the regulation says if you're retirement is a disability retirement the formula is different. Because I was only in for a few years my "estimated benefit" was lower than the threshold so my premium is 2.5%. That's a big difference! The local SBP counselor and Ms. Adam got upset when I questioned it. In the end, Ms. Adam confirmed the 2.5% premium but said she quotes the higher amount since the "estimated benefit" is just an estimate. That makes NO sense. The premium is what I care about... just like interest rates... the rate is what's important so you can make informed decisions.

Sorry, I still don't know what's next. I'm waiting too.

Just curious if either of you have received anything past the SBP briefing, orders?

Trying to figure out the Air Force timeline.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The only thing I've received is a letter saying that the SBP briefing was completed and to be patient because there is a backlog of people they need to process. It's been six months now, since I received the decision letter. Still no orders.

The only thing I've received is a letter saying that the SBP briefing was completed and to be patient because there is a backlog of people they need to process. It's been six months now, since I received the decision letter. Still no orders.

Ok thanks for the reply. Looks like it took some time to receive your SBP briefing as well? Was your briefing on base or over phone?

It was on base. They will call you to set up an appointment.

Yeah but she told me I live more then 50 miles from the closest AF base so it would be by phone.

Thanks again and keep us updated on your progress!