Records? What records?

SPCMILTON52D

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I got an email response from the PDBR today. I sent my packet in March 2017. It said that I'm still in the records collection phase and they have received my Service PEB file and are awaiting my VA records. So I decided to call my VA hospital and ask the records department if they had sent them. They told me that they haven't received a request. I have emailed the PDBR to ask what in the world is going on. I guess I'll try and get all my records on disk and mail it to them, UGH!

I got an email response from the PDBR today. I sent my packet in March 2017. It said that I'm still in the records collection phase and they have received my Service PEB file and are awaiting my VA records. So I decided to call my VA hospital and ask the records department if they had sent them. They told me that they haven't received a request. I have emailed the PDBR to ask what in the world is going on. I guess I'll try and get all my records on disk and mail it to them, UGH!

Hey SPC, how's it going?

I'm not too educated in this whole process but I'm pretty sure you're local VA is not the place that they will be getting your medical records from. I'm sure there is a HQ or main place where VA medical records are obtained from. And sadly, I wouldn't trust anyone that you spoke to in release of information. They are at the bottom of the totem pole. Maybe a veterans advocate or service representative can do some more digging for you. If PDBR did already send a request and if the VA did get the request. As a former VA employee, E-mails and requests take weeks to be read by some sadly.

Thank you for your response!

I'm doing well and I hope you are too! I didn't think about a central place where all the VA records are kept. The folks at the release of information department are great at the Little Rock VA hospital. They said that they could put my whole record on a disc and they said I would have it in a week or two. I've requested before and they are fast! So should I request my records and send it it to the PDBR?

Good question? I don't think or know though that you personally can submit anything new once youve sent out the original packet they sent you. Unless you know someone or an address to send it to, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed and they will be requesting the records. For me, I just let them do it all, it may take longer but I know they will request and get everything they need more officially than I will.

February 28th, 2018 is when they received my original request and the last e-mail I got that is on my old computer at my work (of course I didn't send it to myself) is something about a decision or some sort of paperwork taking up to 120 days.this was approximately 45 days ago. And they have not responded since. Their email has not responded and site for past cases had been down for a while now as well. We are all assuming and guessing for several weeks going on a month since their e-mail hasnt responded.

I sent an email this past Friday 7/13/18 and got my response yesterday 7/19/18. (Sorry for all the dates, I just want people to see the actual dates.) I can also view the case files.

Last edited: