Reserve questions

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
This is for my wife. She is Air National Guard AGR with 3 years active and 7 reserve for a total of 10 combined. She is going to start being seen for mental health due to depression.

What I'd like to know is how to go about documenting her mental health issues as she goes and how long and what it takes to get this service connected for her through VA. The fact that her mental health is declining while on active AGR status makes sense to me that it should be service connected. I just want to know the regs as far as reservists are concrned so that I can help her navigate the VA and a MEB from AGR or from traditional status.

She desperately wants to quit her AGR job because it is the source of this depression, irritability, agitation. I want her to get it all documented so that she will at least be compensated for it through either the VA or medical retirement.

Any advice is welcome

Tell her to go to BH and let them know the problems she's having. As long as she is AGR and there wasn't anything diagnosed prior to her going on active duty, it will be service connected. When you're active duty, everything is service connected unless you do something stupid. She has to see a provider and get it documented though.