Retired Pay start question

dals

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all, my retirement effective date is tomorrow and i should be able to download my DD214 then, says its already done i just have to wait.

What do i need to / is there anything i can do to help start my retired/VA pay to start as soon as possible? I read somewhere the couple days at the end of the month was to get that setup to start on the 1st but ive heard others say it take atleast a month sometimes. So far my plan is to call the VA and DFAS to make sure they get a copy. Thanks

I let retirement services take care of everything. The only thing i submitted on my end after retirement was my 214 to the va to make sure they got it.

I want to say atleast a month before my final out date before taking my leave my retirement account was already projected on dfas. Its been that way for 3 months now with no information. In a few days should be my first payment since i officially retired 30mar16 and still no changes on va or dfas sites.

If you upload your DD-214 to the second claim the VA started, I think you will find the VA is prompt in paying. DFAS will auto start your retired pay. Congratulations!

Ty i did get a DD214 request on ebenefits, so if others see this check your claim status the day after your out, got paid 2 days later.

Ty i did get a DD214 request on ebenefits, so if others see this check your claim status the day after your out, got paid 2 days later.

Dfas still hasnt paid me retirement. I called and apparently the hold up is they never got my high 3.

Dfas blamed hrc, hrc blamed another office and neither of them say its their responsibility.

My va finally advanced one more spot but other than that still waiting.