Severance pay from TDRL timeline and tax question

kaylac1234

Registered Member
Hello all,

I had a question on obtaining my severance pay taxes back. I have read that I shouldn't use the online ticket option. Who should I fax my information to (I am coming from TDRL)? Also just for future people who want to know I will provide my timeline for my severance pay.

SEP 28: Received separation orders from TDRL
NOV 09: Received direct deposit severance pay

Hello Kay,
Quick question for you. When they moved you from TDRL and gave you your severance did you sign any documents? Or was it seamless?? I only got two evaluations and then they separated me....no explanation. The PEB office didn’t email me to tell me....so my Tricare lapsed....to find out, they separated me in early June and failed to tell me until Sept 7th. Did I miss something here?? I never even saw my PEB results.

SailorJake,

I received the PEB results in the mail a few months after an evaluation. I had to sign to agree or sign to fight it through lawyer. After that I received an email saying I was discharged w/ severance pay. I'm sorry you dealt with that. Do you have any recourse?

Gesus. I was discharged off of TDRL on September 30th of this year and I'm still waiting for my severance pay. I hope you got the answer to your question!

In my experience (AD Army IDES/MEB separated 2015) my severance pay amount and reason was shown on my DD214 at bottom with combat related computation and I received lump sum within 30 days of discharge.

YMMV