SEVERANCE PAY

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If my military retirement rating is changed, will it affect my VA compensation rating
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In my opinion, indeed, your DoVA proposed/final rating could potentially change since the DoD rating is combined to obtain the overall the VA compensation rating.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

In my opinion, indeed, your DoVA proposed/final rating could potentially change since the DoD rating is combined to obtain the overall the VA compensation rating.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!
The DoD rating is based off the VA rating. The two are separate from each other, but the DoD is derived from the VA rating. The VA rating is not derived from the DoD - that would be a feedback loop.

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The DoD rating is based off the VA rating. The two are separate from each other, but the DoD is derived from the VA rating. The VA rating is not derived from the DoD - that would be a feedback loop.

Indeed, this question always gets a lot of attention when a military personnel is referred and accepted into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process only. It's not applicable if a military person is placed onto the DoD military TDRL which uses the DoD LDES PEB process only.

In retrospect, DFAS and DoVA VBA would have to work (e.g., settle) this type of a compensation benefit scenario in reference to the DoD IDES process. Upon placement on the DoD TDRL, the DoD is not obligated nor required to adopt any DoVA D-RAS proposed ratings. As such, a lowered DoD rating while on TDRL would effect the DoD military retirement amount/status albeit the overall DoVA VBA disability compensation probably would not change. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!