Sexual Trauma PTSD

SKYTROOPER801

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am looking for assistance from someone who has experienced or has knowledge of how the MEB process and the VA deal with sexual trauma PTSD.

In 2010 was the victim of sexual trauma. Out of fear and shame I did not report the incident. I never planned to tell anyone, but over a period of seven years my life began to slowly fall apart. I finally disclosed the incident when I reached a point of suicide. I began seeking assistance from behavioral health, which resulted in me being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and PTSD from assault and various other traumatic experiences. Now I have been referred to the MEB. I don't know what to expect... I literally know NOTHING about how this works. Does anyone have any experience with this?? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

There are two aspects of your situation which should be occurring simultaneously.

The first is treatment for the MST. If you are near a VA hospital or clinic, they have providers who are very well versed in the treatment of MST and other behavioral health conditions. It is very important that you seek out treatment, 7 years is a long time to carry the burden of such a horrible experience.

The second is the actual MEB process and whether or not your branch of service is going to find you fit for duty. What branch of service are you in? This will help me describe the actual MEB process that will apply to your situation.