SFC worried about top evals vs condition

Scout5695

Registered Member
Long story short,

Back issues (as of 2015, herniated disc, DDD and arthritis in the LB) started back in 2011 as nothing besides some minor back pain. I denied all profiles for a few years and just dealt with the pain. Over the course of the next few years it got worse so I started to receive PT and pain meds in 2013. They ordered an MRI in 2015 and it was now herniated, DDD and arthritis. I received lower back injections that only helped for a day or two, once again denied profiles. Reason for denying profiles and surgery and sort of stopped seeing the MTF after that (unless I couldn't walk due to flare up) was in order to avoid MEB. Now I'm getting referred for the MEB and I am a little worried.

My last three NCOERs have been stellar and have my last APFTs as 300s. I have been able to push through the sit ups and run but afterwards its hard to walk for a few days. I pushed through the pain in order to set the example for my Soldiers and NCOs and I'm just prideful. It is to the point now where I'm not wanting to make my condition any worse and by far it is hurting more now than ever. I have accepted my path towards possible separation.

**Question is, should I be worried about my last three evals and APFT scores. Does anyone else have a similar situation? I'm looking for unfit.

Active duty SFC, 19D Scout currently in Cadet Command. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
my husband was found FIT due to his last three evals as well. it was almost as if they skipped what the guy with MD at the end of his name said in his statement

Scout5695

Registered Member
I don't think they will find me fit with my MOS 19D. Its physically demanding along with any other combat MOS. I just want to avoid re-classing and I haven't had an eval since last may.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It is important to remember that the PEB is a personnel decision. MEB deals with medical issues. Great troops with health conditions in critically manned career fields may get more benefit of the doubt during the PEB. The PEB looks at everything. MEB looks only at medical.

Determined2018

Registered Member
Long story short,

Back issues (as of 2015, herniated disc, DDD and arthritis in the LB) started back in 2011 as nothing besides some minor back pain. I denied all profiles for a few years and just dealt with the pain. Over the course of the next few years it got worse so I started to receive PT and pain meds in 2013. They ordered an MRI in 2015 and it was now herniated, DDD and arthritis. I received lower back injections that only helped for a day or two, once again denied profiles. Reason for denying profiles and surgery and sort of stopped seeing the MTF after that (unless I couldn't walk due to flare up) was in order to avoid MEB. Now I'm getting referred for the MEB and I am a little worried.

My last three NCOERs have been stellar and have my last APFTs as 300s. I have been able to push through the sit ups and run but afterwards its hard to walk for a few days. I pushed through the pain in order to set the example for my Soldiers and NCOs and I'm just prideful. It is to the point now where I'm not wanting to make my condition any worse and by far it is hurting more now than ever. I have accepted my path towards possible separation.

**Question is, should I be worried about my last three evals and APFT scores. Does anyone else have a similar situation? I'm looking for unfit.

Active duty SFC, 19D Scout currently in Cadet Command. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

I went to Army FPEB two days ago and my evals were the only thing they concentrated on. Be prepared to explain why you are able to get stellar evals and feel you are unfit.

Sullysull48

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think that it basically comes down to what's the reasoning for being MEB boarded. My situation happened back in 2004. And I was given a P-3 profile twice for the same thing (BH) 2008 and 2016. My NCOERs were not excellent, but they were not bad either. The commander's statement wasbthe key to me being found unfit. Wording is everything in this process.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">