Should I be concerned

Ljm

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am going through the MEB process for DDD in my cervical spine. I completed my VA appointment for the MEB related to my neck and they took multiple x-rays of my entire spine. My cervical spine x-ray came back negative. However, I have had multiple MRIs (including one within the last 4 months) that show that I have multiple issues in my c-spine. Should I be concerned that the negative X-ray will lead to a fit for duty finding?

I would say a lot of it depends on how it's affected your work. If you can still do your job I would think it would come back as a fit for duty. Just my 2 cents.

Range of motion or bedrest is pretty much the thing that matters. MRIs and X-rays help as far as evidence goes, but images can show nothing is wrong, meanwhile a person can be experiencing pain.

Thanks for the information. It has definitely effected my job. I have missed out on 2 large scale training events because I can't wear my gear. Again, thanks for the information.

I agree with Aaron...The pain management clinic told me that the bulging disc in my back was "not that bad" but it gives me tons of pain everyday. The MRIs and Xrays though do not appear to show anything too significant but when I went to the chiro he said everything was locked up. I think it all just depends on the person and how you present your self to the Dr.s when being evaluated. My VA Dr noted how I sat and got up from the chair while I was in there...We will see what they really think when I get my ratings back.