Simple Poll for Members

ranger2992

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Members,

Please answer this short group of questions. It is all pretty general, but will be valuable information to find and pass on ways to improve the system. In about a week I will begin to tabulate data, and post it on here. I will update it as we get new responses.

Rules:
1. Answer only the questions asked. Please do not attempt to expand on your answer, or give opinions. Keep it to the questions at hand.
2. Be honest, not petty. If you have an issue with a small part of the system, this is not the place to address it. We can do that in many other places.
3. Any non survey related response will be deleted immediately. Go to rule 1 and stick to the questions.
Directions:
Cut and paste questions into your response. Indicate your answers in red text

Questions:

1. What branch of service?

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit?

3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process?

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit?

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit?

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)?

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan?

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case?

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review?

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Very interesting numbers! I should be able to compile and post at least a baseline for you guys. I definently would like to see more responses. It will make it much easier to track trends.

Joe

First batch of charts is attached. I need more data folks. This is a good start, but averages will swing hard up or down with fewer participents.

Also, to keep this thread manageable, I will be deleting each of the responses after I input them into the chart. That way we don't end up with 300 pages to go through.

Come on NAVY and MARINES. I have no information from you.

Joe

Attachments

• IDES Tracker 12-26-13.pdf
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
1. What branch of service? USN
2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Orginal Unit
3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 3
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 8
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 3
6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 5 Years
7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 1
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 1
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 8
10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 5

Questions:

1. What branch of service? U.S. Army Reserve

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? to a unit--not original or wounded warrior unit

3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 2

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 7

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 7 (no change due to lack of leadership knowledge of IDES process)

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 14 months and counting

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? Is there a transition plan in the Reserves?? I've attended a recent retirement seminar.

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? I've had three PEBLOs so far--none of them have really kept me informed-nor were/are they available to return phone calls or emails. I've gotten most information from my monthly calls to my State DVA office.

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? Counsel was helpful. However, my very detail-oriented questions and concerns were not really addressed due to counsel's extremely tight timelines in which to spend with us. There needs to be many more counsel available to thoroughly understand, answer and research our cases.

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 2 -- based on the inadequacy, inaccuracy and incompleteness of VA C&P exams which set the "tone" of the first part of this process--If the C&P exam is not done correctly-no goniometer, as an example- and the C&P report, copy of the notes, reflect answers to questions that were not even asked, as an example, the NARSUM is GUARANTEEDED to be inaccurate and incomplete. If members of the VA's, MEB's and PEB's "review teams" would actually look and see the contents of the tons of medical documentation that Soldiers provide, there would most certainly be many less appeals and formal board requests--of course that may put job/duty security in question.

1. What branch of service? Army National Guard
2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Original unit
3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 1 at best
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 8
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 6
6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? Not sure what my PEBLO counseling date was exactly however it was around Jan 2012. Flagged un deployable and referred to MEB on a Pre deployment health assessment July 2010. Had C&P exams at fort Gordon Dec 2011. Just got my 199 from IPEB 1-13-14.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 0
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 2 It is apparent that I am just a block which is to be checked during certain time intervals. The PEBLO's that I have had have had little to no information and showed either an extreme lack of knowledge about the system they work in or just really don't give a shit.
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? They were helpful during the MEB/NARSUM review/ I talk to them 1-21-14 on the IPEB portion.
10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 1

All of the information/ the entire system should be explained as soon as someone is flagged for MEB. To often in my case and in many others we as soldiers suck it up and drive on. We minimize our injuries, and ignore symptoms. In doing so we set ourselves up and screw ourselves further into the process. The National Guard/Reserve component have various different regs and are handled slightly differently. The fact that the command structure has no knowledge and is winging it helps no one. At least with active duty it looks like some of those issues seem to be slowly resolving themselves.

Here is my biggest gripe of all. No one can tell me what benefits exist on all sides of the decision process.
That could drive some to do things certain ways.

C&P exams at Doctors offices who handle nothing but C&P exams still piss me off. However don't tell them that you question their loyalties. I had one which im convinced turned out bad because I called this "DR" out on handling only VA C&P cases and not actually seeing patients. I asked how he was impartial if his entire paycheck came from the VA. The entire appointment lasted 10 minutes and the report he submitted was almost entirely inaccurate.

Sorry just a brief rant.

1. What branch of service? USAR
2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? UNIT
3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 1
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 1
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 1
6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 13 MONTHS BUT FOUGHT WITH UNIT TO GET THERE SINCE 2006
7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 1
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 3
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 9
10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 4

Sorry cant get the color to change on my phone

1. What branch of service? USN

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Retired

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 5

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 2

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 6 months not including surgery/limdu

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 0

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 2

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 9

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 8 (because of this forum lol)

Thanks for your help.

Joe

1. What branch of service? Army NG AGR

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? No, JFHQ

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 10

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 3

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 9 months, just received 199

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? None

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 4

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 6

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 7

1. What branch of service? Army National Guard
2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Original Unit
3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 1
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 5
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 1
6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? Unknown
7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? None
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? Never assigned one, NDR-PEB
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? Extremely, they had the state prepare a NARSUM after the IPEB
10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 1

1. What branch of service? USAF

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Retired, stay in original unit most of the time

3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 6

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 9

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 9

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 8 months

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 9

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 6

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 8

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 6

1. What branch of service? AF
2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Original
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 4
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 2
6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 4.5 months. Just accepted ratings yesterday
7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 8
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 10
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 10
10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 6

1. What branch of service? Illinois Army National Guard
2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Original Unit
3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 0
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 10
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 10
6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 13 months
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 1
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 1
10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 8 in large part due to this forum and the information gathered here

Army
I'm Still Assigned to my original unit
They have been really helpful in trying to make this a smooth process so a 9
4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit?
Like any broke guy in the unit, like I'm useless and a waste of space 3
5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit?
they where more understanding of what was going on 7
I have been in the IDES for 242 days and it keeps going, had a hold up at the VA ratings then I'm waiting on my 199. From what I gather its still sitting at the PEB to be drafted. 2
7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan?
None as of yet still waiting to get out of the PEB and get my 199 signed
8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case?
Honestly I haven't heard from my PELBO in like four months, I email her all the time and it takes a minute to receive an email back.
9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review?
the MEB Counsel was very helpful gave out a map of how everything was going to go, awesome start. I have been waiting on my 199 for like 3 and a half weeks now and still haven't received any word on the finished product. 1
It takes a really long time to get everything through, been waiting on my PEBLO to get me some word and haven't heard anything as of yet. a lot of the guys that I started the process with me have already gone out of the Army just trying to get help with finishing it up.

Questions:

1. What branch of service? Army

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? Original unit

3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your leaderships knowledge of the IDES process? 4

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 9

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 9

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 4 months

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 2

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 0

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review?1

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 3

1. What branch of service? USMC

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit?ORIGINAL/OFFERED WTU

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 5 months exactly, No findings or orders yet.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 7

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 3

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 3

USAF
Original Unit
5 months since entering IDES proper, pending PEBLO notification of ratings

Questions:

1. What branch of service? Army

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 6

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 20 months and counting.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 3 so far. We'll see once I actually get orders.

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 6

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? 6

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? 5 (if your MEB isn't complete/correct it skunks up the entire process...garbage in - garbage out.).

Questions:

1. What branch of service? Navy

2. Are you assigned to a your original unit, or wounded warrior unit? main wing command for LIMDU

4. On a scale of 1-10, prior to entry into IDES, how were you treated by your unit? 6

5. On a scale of 1-10, after entry into the IDES process, how are you treated by your unit? 4

6. How long have you been in IDES (PEBLO counseling to receipt of of orders)? 12 months and counting

7. On a scale of 1-10, how much assistance did you receive in regards to a transition plan? 5

8. On a scale of 1-10, how well did your PEBLO keep you informed regarding your case? 4

9. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was MEB counsel during NARSUM review, and PEB results review? Haven't received PEB results yet, MEB and NARSUM review was an 8

10. On a scale of 1-10, give an overall rating of the IDES process as a whole? -1